• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Any of you 96-98 guys run 12s NA

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
Have the mph...106.7 high and average about 105mph
Got a few bugs and can't seem to pull the number :(
Have made the suspension better, need to re-tighten everything down, weld up the torque boxes up and need an alignment!
Upgraded to a 11'' clutch and have the adjustable clutch cable/quad setup, but it is a single quad and I need the double hook piece to dial the system in. In other words, it is not at optimum engage/release settings.
At the SCT Dyno tune I found out I was running real lean. Jerry thought I had a bad MAF, but I found what I think is the problem was the next day. I have the complete WMS cold air kit and the rubber throttle body connecting part lost the clamp that holds the inlet tube. I am sure it was pulling un-metered air in after the MAF. Guessing extra unaccounted air would cause a lean situation???

:dunno:

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
I have a 96 GT running in the high 12's right now N/A. I haven't gotten to the track on and good day and have had awful 60' times. I just ordered some stuff for the suspension that was up until now stock. Hopefully, suspension, and good weather will show me mid to low 12's.
Some of the major stuff I have:
Sutton High Performance P&P PI heads
Comp Cams
SCT chip dyno tuned by Sutton HP
4.10 gear
PI Stallion 3400 stall
Jerry Mod
SVO intake P&P
03 cobra cold intake
etc. etc. etc.
With that I made a little over 290 rwhp with 18" chrome wheels on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info