• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Rage!

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Ford would not replace my Fuel Rail Pressure sensor, because nothing showed up on the diagnostic. I gave them the codes that we saw with Jack’s predator, but they said since I cleared them they couldn’t do anything. They said if it comes back, then to bring it back in! :mad: :mad:

I am so pissed.

So, Jack, you still wanna help me change it?

Does anyone know the part number?

Any help is appreciated....

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
My sentiments on the Ford Warranty

Fuck Ford and Fuck their shit warranty

It's rediculous, they put some crappy ass parts on the car, so they can please the aftermarket companies who thrive on Ford's inadequacies. I cared about my warranty for about a week before I relized that they wouldn't cover anything anyways b/c I look like a punk kid. Then I said fuck it, If I'm paying 30000+ for a car, I want it the way I want it. If a part breaks, I'll buy a better fuckin part that should've been on it in the first place and eat outta cans for a month. It's easier to wake up in the morning and do that drive to work when you know you can rip on a beast of a bitchin' car on your way. In my opinion, I'd rather never go back to the dealership until I buy My 06 Cobra, and I'll drive it right home and void the fuckin' warranty right away. My .02.

Sorry about the swears, but ford really pisses me off.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
cobravenom39 said:
It's rediculous, they put some crappy ass parts on the car, so they can please the aftermarket companies who thrive on Ford's inadequacies. I cared about my warranty for about a week before I relized that they wouldn't cover anything anyways b/c I look like a punk kid. Then I said fuck it, If I'm paying 30000+ for a car, I want it the way I want it. If a part breaks, I'll buy a better fuckin part that should've been on it in the first place and eat outta cans for a month. It's easier to wake up in the morning and do that drive to work when you know you can rip on a beast of a bitchin' car on your way. In my opinion, I'd rather never go back to the dealership until I buy My 06 Cobra, and I'll drive it right home and void the fuckin' warranty right away.
Can I get a AMEN?!! :headbang:

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
SNK BITN said:
Why not wait till it throws the code again?
What if it doesnt throw a code until 4000 miles down the road? Id he supposed to stay bone stock until then out of worries? What if he thinks everything is okay, and slaps a pulley on there? If Ford had caught it now, it would be documented and would be fixed, but since it wasnt hes screwed and has to de-mod.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
SNK BITN said:
Why not wait till it throws the code again? Did you not know that if you cleared the code, the tech would not be able to do anything about it? They cant fix a problem that they cant detect, know what I'm sayin? Maybe I'm the one thats misinformed, if so, inform me :)

I don't want to be driving around with a broken FRP sensor, just in case it causes more damage.

For some reason I thought the codes would still be stored, I thought clearing them just turned of the light. Chalk that up to my inexperience. :dunno:

Next time I will certainly handle it differently.

When I took it into the dealer, I explained what I had done and gave them the codes that I pulled off. He said they could still get the codes. Apparently not...

Ahh well, I was just mad after the fact cause the guy was a dick about it. They didn't even tell me they didn't fix it! They just wrote it on the sheet, I am sure glad I read it!

I got the new part and I will fix it myself. (With all the helpful info from the boards!) :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info