• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cats or no cats...

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Longtubes are just a little to pricey for me at this point, but I am considering doing something with the mid pipe.

The two best options appear to be MRT catted H and the Mac prochamber. (I don't wanna do an x-pipe with the flows.)

I know that the off road pipes are traditionally louder and pick up more power than those with cats (and are cheaper!) but I am looking for the downsides to having an off road pipe.

I know that technically the prochamber is illegal, but what the chances of getting busted? What are the penalties?

Just want to get as much info as possible before deciding.

Thanks in advance. :headbang: :D

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Being busted really isn't the issue... the only time anything need be done is when we have to go into emissions. I have driven a few cars with off roads and never had issues. Hey Hank, the bassani, do they have a full exhaust SS with removable cats? I love the sound and the look on Tim's car this past wknd... those pipes looked bad ass

Nichepi

Mar 17, 2004
I've run a varity of bassani systems. Right now i have a bassani Mid with no cats with a custom bassani catback with no mufflers.
When I did have the bassani catback with mufflers and the mid w/O cats I thought the system sounded very good and had alot of people compliment me on it. When i had to leave off the mufflers and run all straight pipe it just got really loud and kind of annoying.
The high flow cats from bassani are very good quailty parts and really didn't see that much difference in HP/trq between cats and no cats.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info