• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Looking for a place to get my underdrive pullies installed?

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
Ya know, that's pretty easy to do yourself. Just need a air compressor, impact gun, torque wrench and a pulley puller along with some basic hand tools. If it wasn't for the alternator pulley you wouldn't even need a impact. I've heard of some people removing the alternator and bringing it in to Carquest or Autozone to have it removed.

I just needed to buy the puller when I did mine.

PETSNKE

DRIVEN
Mar 13, 2004
URDONE said:
I wish I had all the tools. I would do it myself, but I don't want to have to go through all the trouble of getting the tools. I would rather just take it somewhere and be done with it. Got any ideas?

Did you try Speed Inc in Schaumburg? Out south by me there is Power House Performance in Orland Park, they welded in my sub-frame connectors and seem to be a couple good guys trying to make a go of it.

If you can't find anyone I'd be willing to give you a hand on a Sat. or Sun. with a driveway install.

URDONE

Regular
Mar 2, 2004
I did try Speed Inc, they want $100 to install my pullies. That is there hourly rate, but I know that they will actually be working on my car for like 1/2 hour. I am trying to find a place that will only charge me for the time they actually worked on my car, instead of their full hourly rate. Hopefully I can find an independent mechanic that will just do it on the side for like $40-$50 bucks.

SNK BITN

Regular
Mar 10, 2004
Yes, I can bring them to you house if you want. We can just remove the alternator and have a shop hit that bolt with an impact, takes minutes. Or when you get your gears installed out here you can stop by afterwards and we can knock it out. Its up to you. When I show you how easy it is you'll be glad you saved yourself the $80-$100.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• U
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list