• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Real story on boost bypass?

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
What's the real story on this whole boost bypass issue. I've been trolling all the Cobra sites the last few weeks since I got this car and I've read everything from unplug the electrical connection to reroute the hoses to leave it alone.

I honestly haven't seen the car not peg the boost meter when I asked it to anyway. Although, I see how that could really piss me off if it happened at the wrong time.

ChicagoMike

TCG Elite Member
Mar 4, 2004
Boost bypass is a safety feature, it should be left alone. Some people disconnect it. I suppose it's a matter of opinion, but I'd hate for boost to be going into the engine when I am off the gas pedal...

Wharf Rat said:
What's the real story on this whole boost bypass issue. I've been trolling all the Cobra sites the last few weeks since I got this car and I've read everything from unplug the electrical connection to reroute the hoses to leave it alone.

I honestly haven't seen the car not peg the boost meter when I asked it to anyway. Although, I see how that could really piss me off if it happened at the wrong time.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
I wouldn't mess with it...

with that said, I wouldn't mind trying it at the track to see if I get better results... but I would never do it on the street, not worth the potential problems.

easiest way to do it is just unplug it.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
I think one of the main reasons people were doing this modification is that it has something to do with when you power shift, with accelaerator wide open throttle there is a hesitation. From my understanding that hesitation was the boost bypass going into action. Me personally, I didn't like that hesitation and it scared me, but as I read more about, I agree with the others that it is there for a reason... not to mention it didn't really effect my 1/4 time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info