• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Who wants a ported Eaton???

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
If anyone wants a port job, let me know. They range in aggressiveness of porting, but all put down good numbers.

Just for reference, I got word yesterday that on a bone stock HD, with just the addition of the porting work, it picked up 35rwhp/20rwtq SAE!!! on a 2V engine that only revs to 5500 and has no tuning whatsoever.

It can be expected to see 40+rwhp/25+rwtq on a 03/04 Cobra. The work is all very high quality, and uses some secrets that the Apten and Razors Edge port jobs dont. Its also much cheaper. For $425 you get your blower AND plenum ported. Turn around is 48hrs for the work.

If anyone would like to know more, or knows anyone interested, please let me know.

Hank :biggthump

fearbluer1

My 4cyl just beat your 8!
Mar 2, 2004
hj16 said:
If anyone wants a port job, let me know. They range in aggressiveness of porting, but all put down good numbers.

Just for reference, I got word yesterday that on a bone stock HD, with just the addition of the porting work, it picked up 35rwhp/20rwtq SAE!!! on a 2V engine that only revs to 5500 and has no tuning whatsoever.

It can be expected to see 40+rwhp/25+rwtq on a 03/04 Cobra. The work is all very high quality, and uses some secrets that the Apten and Razors Edge port jobs dont. Its also much cheaper. For $425 you get your blower AND plenum ported. Turn around is 48hrs for the work.

If anyone would like to know more, or knows anyone interested, please let me know.

My biggest question is, do they break down the rotor packs, and then do the porting? Do they also inspect the bearings? Have they done any testing on an 03 yet? If not I MIGHT be willing to try something or work something out. I know you and I have already talked about this, Hank. But I was just curious if you have found anything else out. I haven't gotten around to calling. :eek:h:

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
This just in!!!!!!

I just got a call about the results on the very first 03 Cobra test. Gains over stock were 44rwhp/10rwtq SAE!!!!!! Including a gain of 7rwhp over the Aptens port kob on the very same car. Upper only too!!!!

Very amazing results for sure :biggthump

Tim - Ill try to get those answered for ya

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Cobra_Jack said:
Like I said before I'm very interested...

why only 10ft/lb increase?

do they also do custom tunning?
All of the port jobs only seem to gain low amounts of TQ. Id ask them for the exact reasoning behind it. I have a good idea but I cant put it into words.

And I dont think they do tuning. They are basicly a machine shop

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Lyle said that Apten also tightened up the tolerances on his rotors. Since the bottom of his Eaton looks different from the article in 5.0, I wonder if Apten is dyno testing different porting methods. Is more better? Does the shape of the intake holes matter? I assume that the smoother the flow, the better the numbers?

Here're Lyle and Mike readying the torque wrench. In the 2nd pic, Lyle shows that you have to get really friendly with your engine to get to the back bolts.

Attachments

• 600 X 450 1.jpg
    600 X 450 1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 600 X 450 2.jpg
    600 X 450 2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 206
nyte byte

Im sure we can get some guys together and do it for ya if you are a little unsure. Its an easy job, especially after you have done one, so let me know ill give ya a hand if you want. If your cars a daily driver we could do it in about 4 hours RnR without rushing and torquing everything and replacing all the gaskets.
If you decide to let me know im in new lenox, but hopefully soon to be in peotone so if you dont have anywhere to do it ill even let you bring it over.

If Cliff will bring the camera and the beer that is. Lyle :cool2:

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
hj16 said:
This just in!!!!!!

I just got a call about the results on the very first 03 Cobra test. Gains over stock were 44rwhp/10rwtq SAE!!!!!! Including a gain of 7rwhp over the Aptens port kob on the very same car. Upper only too!!!!

Very amazing results for sure :biggthump

Tim - Ill try to get those answered for ya
Do you have to retune your car after installing a ported blower? I have a Sutton Safe tune. Let me know I am very interested. Also with my HP numbers can I keep the stock mass air or will it peg? What about fuel pump and injectors do I have to replace them or theyr ok for a port job?

mef8864

Feb 10, 2006
Need the 411

Hank, let me know the info on the folks doing this porting. I would like to get this done over the winter.
Thanks.
[email protected]

hj16 said:

noavgcobra

Addict
Aug 14, 2006
FuelSlut said:
Do you have to retune your car after installing a ported blower? I have a Sutton Safe tune. Let me know I am very interested. Also with my HP numbers can I keep the stock mass air or will it peg? What about fuel pump and injectors do I have to replace them or theyr ok for a port job?
thanks for the info still love that phat azzzz................

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info