• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Stocking up on parts for the next project

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Just a pic thread for funsies of the crap I've started accumulating for the new project

The Ranger's motor still waiting for its new home:
IMG_13061.jpg

93 Mustang T5 with a Hurst Shifter:
IMG_13071.jpg

BBK Shorties:
IMG_13081.jpg

Engine Details:
GT-40P Headed 5.0 V-8 from a 1998 ford explorer
ProForm 1.6 Roller Rockers
CompCams Double roller timing chain
CompCams Hydro roller lifters
CompCams K35-349-8 Camshaft *Specs below*

cam.jpg

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
subtle "look at how much money im spending" post.

:gives:, The money I'm spending on this next project is all out of the funds recovered from the Ranger part-out.

Basically a $2500 budget + the cost of the car (and I already have the motor). I'd consider that a budget project honestly. :dunno:

I had 30's and a blower on the motor before, so I didn't need anything else. Now that I'm going with an A9L ECU, and Mustang running gear with an NA setup, I might as well do it right.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
is it a miata or what? why are people so secretive about dumb shit sometimes. like santa afraid to show a new rocking chair or some shit.

ps. needs turbo.

for the money in that intake manifold id be buying a welder and a junkyard turbo for this "budget" build... budget build in myhead never utilizes 800$ intake manifold.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
is it a miata or what? why are people so secretive about dumb shit sometimes. like santa afraid to show a new rocking chair or some shit.

ps. needs turbo.

for the money in that intake manifold id be buying a welder and a junkyard turbo for this "budget" build... budget build in myhead never utilizes 800$ intake manifold.

:werd: to all of it.

You don't need a fancy intake manifold when you've got a turbo cramming air through it.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

ps. needs turbo.

I'm being quiet about it because I don't HAVE the platform. Once I actually HAVE it in my driveway, I'll take pics of everything, and document the build. But if I say I'm buying XXX car, and end up not getting it, or changing directions, I'll get made fun of as per TCG Rules :tear:

The motor/drive line will remain the same no matter what it goes into.

All decent aftermarket intakes are 500-600 basically for a full set. This one comes with a good sized TB, fuel rails, and looks very unique. a good TB alone can easily break $200 new.

If goodfellas can fit a Turbo (or twins) on this platform once they see it for the exhaust work, I will pull the trigger on it. The Injectors/MAF I will not order until the motor is in the car. Like I said, just having fun :)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm being quiet about it because I don't HAVE the platform. Once I actually HAVE it in my driveway, I'll take pics of everything, and document the build. But if I say I'm buying XXX car, and end up not getting it, or changing directions, I'll get made fun of as per TCG Rules :tear:

The motor/drive line will remain the same no matter what it goes into.

All decent aftermarket intakes are 500-600 basically for a full set. This one comes with a good sized TB, fuel rails, and looks very unique. a good TB alone can easily break $200 new.

If goodfellas can fit a Turbo (or twins) on this platform once they see it for the exhaust work, I will pull the trigger on it. The Injectors/MAF I will not order until the motor is in the car. Like I said, just having fun :)

whynot just say that then...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info