• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Another reason ford is going down the shitter

Bad bad ideas. Ford was just on top of the world then some executive idiot thinks hey one world car designs would be great...exception what europeans like and use do not work or translate well to US customers. the euro look and size just don't accomodate the US market. There is a niche for somethings but the styling and size of the euro vehicles lack what is needed. Ford which is my fav car maker is on the fast track to failure which is very sad.
:werd:
Pathetic. Can Ford America make anything on their own anymore? Why are we not creating the new vehicles and shipping them elsewhere. I am gonna say it, this one Ford will not work as well as having two seperate Fords. Why? A lot of people like American looks, and for the most part, Ford is turning into a Euro car company. Now I have been a Ford guy since birth, and I own one, but they are making it tough to justiufy even buying American anymore. Thank God I grew up in a time where America made cars.
:werd:

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
The van is like 20 years old now and it needs something that can have a more modern powerplant and still funtion as a van. All of the european offerings are great IMO. Bring em on. Shouldve done it a long time ago. The need to meet CAFE regulations is everywhere these days and its not like they can just throw an ecoboost in there because there's not enough room.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It really doesn't make any sense. I can see not bringing the Ranger over because you don't want to canablize F150 sales but they have this market cornered, just like they had the Crown Vic market cornered.

You could absolutely fit the Ecoboost in the E series, no doubt. They slide a V8 in there. A V6 is a walk in the park and there are no real estate issues where the turbos would be.

Slight revamps are all these models needed. They don't need to disappear.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
This guy cracks me up. He thinks the Ranger is the worlds solution to everything. If only the Ranger was still in production, Iran would halt their nucleur program.....Obama would balance the budget.....Dinosaurs would come out of extinction.

Ford is making hearty profits and building the best lineup that Ford has seen in decades but bring back the Panther and Ranger.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I just assume every person complaining about this are rapists

Speaking of this: When I was at the auto show, I ventured into the commercial section. They had all the rape vans lined up with the doors open so you could get inside them and what not. It was extremely surprising that parents were ALL about having their kids go inside the rape vans to play in it like its a playground. It was HILARIOUS. If you go to the autoshow on the weekends, go check it out for a good laugh.

It really doesn't make any sense. I can see not bringing the Ranger over because you don't want to canablize F150 sales but they have this market cornered, just like they had the Crown Vic market cornered.

You could absolutely fit the Ecoboost in the E series, no doubt. They slide a V8 in there. A V6 is a walk in the park and there are no real estate issues where the turbos would be.

Slight revamps are all these models needed. They don't need to disappear.

:fy:

This guy cracks me up. He thinks the Ranger is the worlds solution to everything. If only the Ranger was still in production, Iran would halt their nucleur program.....Obama would balance the budget.....Dinosaurs would come out of extinction.

Ford is making hearty profits and building the best lineup that Ford has seen in decades but bring back the Panther and Ranger.
In five to ten years time they will be finacially weaker. You cannot steal from Ford of Europe forever. You don't have to "bring back" Panther (which includes Crown Vic and Town Car) and Ranger, but to just put the market up for grabs and possibly (most likely) lose 150,000+ sales a year is insanity. IF YOU READ THE ARTICLE, Ford at least acknowledged that THEY DON'T WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN. But, it will be a phase in and eventual cramming of the european version down the throats. So like GM will probably eat up a good portion of those 150,000+ sales a year there is another great chance to nibble or take a bite out of E-series sales.

Fleet sales may not be highly profitable but they bring down the factors of production to make other cars/trucks more profitable. It would be A LOT EASIER AND CHEAPER to support 3.7/ECOBOOST 3.7/5.0/6.2 production if these engines were also utilized in the production Ford walked away from. Either it would have made Mustang/f-150 cheaper to the buyer or more profitable.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich

QUOTE]

IDk Mike. Twin turbos, intercooler, piping as such would need a huge revamp to fit. Which cost money. Whick with the ecoboost it doesnt seem like the real world mileage compared to the 5.0 or 6.2 is that far off. Soo all that work and money for 1mpg gains? I dont see it being profitable.

Now a small diesel would make more sense. The 6.0PSD is great but the mileage isnt the best either. Ford shouldve stuck with Navistar and took thier V6 motor(PSD with two cylinders cut off) and improved on it with that. 250hp and 375tq would be plenty for a E150/250

IDk Mike. Twin turbos, intercooler, piping as such would need a huge revamp to fit. Which cost money. Whick with the ecoboost it doesnt seem like the real world mileage compared to the 5.0 or 6.2 is that far off. Soo all that work and money for 1mpg gains? I dont see it being profitable.

Now a small diesel would make more sense. The 6.0PSD is great but the mileage isnt the best either. Ford shouldve stuck with Navistar and took thier V6 motor(PSD with two cylinders cut off) and improved on it with that. 250hp and 375tq would be plenty for a E150/250

They did it for the F-series. They SHOULD have done it for the Expedition/E-series off the bat and made one module to fit on all 3 chassis. SHOULD HAVE!

Agree with you on a light duty oil burner.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
In five to ten years time they will be finacially weaker. You cannot steal from Ford of Europe forever. You don't have to "bring back" Panther (which includes Crown Vic and Town Car) and Ranger, but to just put the market up for grabs and possibly (most likely) lose 150,000+ sales a year is insanity. IF YOU READ THE ARTICLE, Ford at least acknowledged that THEY DON'T WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN. But, it will be a phase in and eventual cramming of the european version down the throats. So like GM will probably eat up a good portion of those 150,000+ sales a year there is another great chance to nibble or take a bite out of E-series sales.

Fleet sales may not be highly profitable but they bring down the factors of production to make other cars/trucks more profitable. It would be A LOT EASIER AND CHEAPER to support 3.7/ECOBOOST 3.7/5.0/6.2 production if these engines were also utilized in the production Ford walked away from. Either it would have made Mustang/f-150 cheaper to the buyer or more profitable.

How would it be cheaper by using powerplants that are optional more-expensive engines in all other applications? They already have a more fuel efficient platform with the Transit that will save customers money by being 25 percent more efficient, which is huge.

All automakers are using a global strategy because it's more cost effective. The new Focus was designed as a global car, so we got this latest version the same time as everybody.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
They did it for the F-series. They SHOULD have done it for the Expedition/E-series off the bat and made one module to fit on all 3 chassis. SHOULD HAVE!

Agree with you on a light duty oil burner.

From what I understand, they are GOING to. The platform has only been in trucks for 2 model years. Relax. It'll get there.

Ford is NOT "going down the shitter" at all. Their product is light years ahead of the competition right now.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
How would it be cheaper by using powerplants that are optional more-expensive engines in all other applications? They already have a more fuel efficient platform with the Transit that will save customers money by being 25 percent more efficient, which is huge.

All automakers are using a global strategy because it's more cost effective. The new Focus was designed as a global car, so we got this latest version the same time as everybody.

Stop trying to introduce logical reason into your arguments with him, they hold no value here.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
They shouldn't get rid of the econoline.... and if they actually listen to user feedback from the transit connect they'd have a hefty list of revamps. I know guys that drive them for a living, and they're not happy at all. The E-series has proved itself since the 60's, and holds a special place in the service industry here. I just can't see that euro version holding up to the abuse that the current van does.

The transit Connect is garbage and not holding up at all LIKE A REAL TRUCK DOES. Focus was a no brainer. That was Ford U.S.A. being cheap years ago.
They shouldn't get rid of the econoline.... and if they actually listen to user feedback from the transit connect they'd have a hefty list of revamps. I know guys that drive them for a living, and they're not happy at all. The E-series has proved itself since the 60's, and holds a special place in the service industry here. I just can't see that euro version holding up to the abuse that the current van does.
Thank you!

can't expect much out of someone who advertises that they're part of the NRA.
:gtfo2: ......and suck Barrack Hussain Obama's...

Stop trying to introduce logical reason into your arguments with him, they hold no value here.
Says the man who finds it more fun to drive a Civic then a Nissan GT-R (or some crap like that).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info