• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Twin Turbo New Mustang 5.0

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Stock guts, yes please:

IMAG0109.jpg

image.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkSlVg1uk9w

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The new 5.0 is junk. :nutz:

:drums:

I stand corrected. I'm honestly shocked those pistons haven't shattered yet. I guess the whole desensitizing the knock sensors and going full retard on the spark really was the killer of #8. :bowdown:

Whipple or TT? :noes:

People who think tuning is simple and nothing serious are simpletons themselves. haha Of course it was a MAJOR factor in killing that piston. Would that be the piston I would choose to make 1000 crank hp on boost? Hell no. haha But with safe tuning I bet that car will be fine for a while.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I read the early tuners(Bama has been beat to death about having the most wrecked engines) basically turned the knock sensors off and cranked the spark up. "Lulz this bitch just keeps taking spark and making power." *pop* "Whoops."

The guy that tuned my 3V said that the knock sensors are very accurate and that they will help with durability. Not sure why you’d purposely turn them off.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The guy that tuned my 3V said that the knock sensors are very accurate and that they will help with durability. Not sure why you’d purposely turn them off.

It wouldn't pull timing and make less power when it did. And with headers and other things some times they pick up other 'noises' and pull timing. But over all he was a idiot for sending tunes out like that. Really fucked things over for us.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Not saying I told you so or anything, but the issue with the cracking pistons probably laid more with the tune than the piston itself? Pretty stout internals considering they are only cast.

I knew the tune played a part. There's a handful of reports of people with stock engines/tunes popping pistons. They were early builds though. Haven't heard much from the '12 or late '11 builds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info