• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

e-force supercharger question

98dustingtp

Regular
Oct 18, 2010
waukesha
and thats what i was figuring, the e-force kit comes, intercooled the whole 9 yards, its a nice kit, he has the cervini c500 kit which comes with the magnaflow side exhaust, that is his only other mod. I have seen people do the 3.5 pulley, 60lb/hr injectors and the upgrade intake on a stock block and do high 400s whp. i dont know much about the stangs, and i figured i would ask around before i tell him to do one or the other.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
depends on what he wants out of the car. Long tubes are better for overal tuning but shorties are cheaper and easier to install. All of what you listed are good upgrades for that car.

The eforce kit doesnt have an air intake?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I would stay away from headers for now until you get into really high horsepower applications. The headers, especially longtubes, will make it harder to build up boost. The stock manifolds are fine for a while with blown setups. I would look into upgrading the fuel system and adding more boost through a smaller pulley. Also look into doing some blower cams.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
The OEM manifolds flow very well. Get an off road mid pipe, pulley down, and install a GT500 dual pump kit. Also, make sure he is running colder HTO plugs gapped down (.028 to .030). If the E-Force comes with 39 lb cobra injectors those are fine for about 475 to 500 whp. My car put down 474 and they were close to being maxed out.

98dustingtp

Regular
Oct 18, 2010
waukesha
204.jpg

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I am not too familiar with these setups on the newer Mustangs, but the kit you posted the link to just looks like an upgraded filter with larger MAF. I am not sure the 95mm MAF is going to make a difference, at what point does the stock MAF get pegged?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Just a quick google search shows people upgrading to a 90mm Lightning MAF, so that kit might actually help. It does seem overpriced as they say you can pick up the 90mm Lightning MAF for $80 and an upgraded filter will cost maybe $100 tops. Looks like it would be better to piece together that stuff on your own. Is your Dad happy with Dean's tune and/or advice? Maybe talk to Tim Barth over at Mr. Norm's Garage in Rockford, he can definitely steer you in the right direction. His tuning ability is amazing as well.

98dustingtp

Regular
Oct 18, 2010
waukesha
ya i went down to deans performance with the car actually and he tuned it with another guy cant remember his name. The car pulls great, doesnt fall on its face or anything it just keeps pulling. I was thinking the same as far as the price on that intake setup, when i think i could just get a filter and take the box out?? and maybe even stay with the 85mm throttle body.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
ya i went down to deans performance with the car actually and he tuned it with another guy cant remember his name. The car pulls great, doesnt fall on its face or anything it just keeps pulling. I was thinking the same as far as the price on that intake setup, when i think i could just get a filter and take the box out?? and maybe even stay with the 85mm throttle body.

Kurgan?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Just a quick google search shows people upgrading to a 90mm Lightning MAF, so that kit might actually help. It does seem overpriced as they say you can pick up the 90mm Lightning MAF for $80 and an upgraded filter will cost maybe $100 tops. Looks like it would be better to piece together that stuff on your own. Is your Dad happy with Dean's tune and/or advice? Maybe talk to Tim Barth over at Mr. Norm's Garage in Rockford, he can definitely steer you in the right direction. His tuning ability is amazing as well.

3V's don't use Lightning MAF's. The "slot" MAF works well with a MAFia or you can upgrade to an SCT MAF for a little more

http://www.lethalperformance.com/20...8810/sct-ba-5000-slot-style-maf-meter-p-31494

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
When I speak of the MAF, I am not talking about the throttle body. The throttle body should be fine, the stock MAF at a certain power level will no longer effectively measure the incoming air at higher RPM's. This wil give you some tuning issues as the MAF will only read so much air coming in and only supply enough fuel for that amount of air (which could be much less than what is actually coming in). An upgraded MAF will read the higher air volume and supply the appropriate amount of full, assuming your full setup is up to snuff, and you will make more boost/power.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
That sounds like a good option then. Would you even suggest a different filter/air box in conjunction with the MAFia or is the MAFia good enough with the stock air box/filter?

I'd think so, but you'd need to log MAF counts to be sure. MAF size also plays a factor. From VMP Tuning:

Housing size vs power supported with no extender:

Tube Size Estimate HP range no extender
3" 250-300RWHP
3.5" 275-400RWHP
4" 350-500RWHP
4.5" 400-600RWHP

Or this is another option:
http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=193&parent=30

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info