• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2013 GT 500

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
:wackit:

I just got the new issue of the MMFF and they did a review of the new 2013 GT500 and it sounds sick. From what I can remember from the article it makes 650 HP 600 FT/LBS on 15 lbs. of boost. The displacement has been bumped from 331 to 355 and the blower has gone from the TVS 2.0 Liter to a TVS 2.3 Liter blower. The compression ratio went from 8.5-1 to 9.0-1 and the motor now has an 8 quart oil pan. They also moved away from the 2 piece steel driveshaft to a one piece carbon fiber unit that weighs 26 lbs. I guess the torque management system is supposed to be really aggressive and really geared for track use/getting out of the hole fast. Since the car is a torque monster the gearing dropped to a 3.31 from the 3.55's. At the track I think they were able to knock down 11.70's in stock form. They feel the car could greatly benefit from some 4.10's and a tire which would probably put it down in the low 11's or high 10's.

mmfp-111115-06-2013-Shelby-GT500.jpg

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I'm sure we'll see them go even quicker in stock form.
People got the 2011's into the bottom 11's with just wheels/tires. Will be cool to see what these new ones can do with a few small modifications.

Yeah, pulley/tune/tire and deep into 10s. Sick. Hopefully this will drive the price of the older ones down, looking at one for my next car when the time comes.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
That would require your jew ass to spend money!
bwahahaha
I spent a lot of money in 2011....need to build the piggybank back up
Did you buy a house?

This thing sounds sick for sure. I am interested to see how the traction control works with new gearing, tire height change and so on. I want to read more on the traction control unit and how it works. There are slick units the aftermarket uses in drag racing. I wonder if they went about the same way of doing the unit on this car.

The apps on the car are sick too. This is one beast for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info