• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Your favorite SBF Swap?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm pulling my drivetrain out of my ranger over the next 2 weekends (Roots blown 98 Explorer motor/4R70W Trans) and scrapping the chassis/shell.

Come spring I plan on buying a loaded 1998-2003 (Preferably 2001-2003) Explorer Sport to stuff my drive train into. Or another potential option would be to just swap everything into my 97 5 speed explorer and move to a 5 speed setup.

I plan on daily driving it since I'm a huge fan of the platform, and am willing to sacrifice 5-6 10th's of a second due to weight in favor of better weight distribution, Features (power locks/windows/keyfob/etc/etc), and being able to seat 4 and carry cargo inside.

To make up for the weight I'll get a stall, tires, and headers so I can happily launch the piss out of what would essentially be a home made ford TBSS fighter.

Nothing is set in stone, so I'm curious as to what other platforms everyone has seen SBF's stuffed into?

I've seen E30 and E36's
front03.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkbXQTKeVkU

Miata's of course:

1990_Mazda_Monster_Miata_Ford_V8_Converstion_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

1990_Mazda_Monster_Miata_Ford_V8_Converstion_For_Sale_Engine_resize.jpg

Rangers obviously, and explorer sports (never came with the V-8).

What else have you seen a SBF Crammed into?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
alice chalmers wd45
jeep cj5/7/8
1st and 2nd gen rx7's
jeep commando
old datsun (i wanna say a 510 but i swear it was bigger but i was fairly young)
tin lizzy's
3 and 5 window coupes
read an article on a fiat with a sbf/mustang drivetrain
line shaft system in a vintage machine shop
wood chipper
water tower pump on a reservation in cali

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info