• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

what should i do?

So my 2.9 arrived yesterday and everything looked good my only gripe was the coil covers i had them match came in two different colors. Today i go to install the throttle body and i find this.
2e3vrtl.jpg

looks like when they where smoothing out the casting the went a little deep in the one spot its probably 1/4 inch plus deep and an inch or two long. After all i have been through with Whipple i just don't know what to do anymore.:rant2:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
You're going to have a low pressure area right behind the lip of the throttle body mount anyhow so it's really not a big deal. As far as visual quality goes though, that get's a 1 on a scale of 10. You can't let a product out your door that LOOKS half assed. That's an easy thing for them to fix.

You're going to have a low pressure area right behind the lip of the throttle body mount anyhow so it's really not a big deal. As far as visual quality goes though, that get's a 1 on a scale of 10. You can't let a product out your door that LOOKS half assed. That's an easy thing for them to fix.

whipples response was that they have been that way for 6 years. but for inconveniancing me they gave me another year warranty ontop of the initial one. i am debating on getting the inlet ported since it starts to become a restriction at 21+psi and i will be running 22-23 on my e85 tune.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info