• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Changing a 4.6 intake manifold?

Ok, so I blew the intake manifold on my DD which is a '97 Grand Marquis with the 4.6. It is the original intake manifold with the plastic runners. The new ones have aluminum for the coolant runner.

The question is how tough is this to change? Currently the car made it to a shop which is about a mile and a half away so getting the car home to do this might be a challenge if I decide to try and save money and do this myself.

T.

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
Doesn't look too terrible, then again, I'm used to looking at a PI engine. If you do it yourself though, torque everything to a T. Worst case, I heard of the thermostat bolts cracking due to the design of the coolant crossover.

image_3310.jpg

No idea what that is like.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info