• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Pre-pro 5.0's ringers???

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
http://blogs.insideline.com/straigh...g-gt-50-production-example-less-powerful.html

What the what? The car from Ford's media fleet is clearly stronger, generating some 12 lb-ft higher torque and 15 more horsepower at their respective peaks. At a given rpm, the maximum differences observed are even greater -- 23 lb-ft and 25 horsepower. These are not insignificant differences.

The acceleration of the two cars mirrored the dyno results, too. Our black longtermer clicked off a quarter mile trap speed of 109.5 mph, fully 1.1 mph slower than the blue car from the media intro. More recently we tested a third 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 from Ford's media fleet which trapped 109.3 mph.

Discuss

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Same publication... http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtes...-ford-mustang-50-vs-2011-ford-mustang-50.html

That's me driving our car and as you can see in the video Jacquot got the jump on me. But believe me when I tell that these two cars (ours is a store bought example and the other is from Ford's press fleet) are dead even. Jacquot and I chased each other for about 10 laps with all of their traction and stability systems turned off and niether car had a clear advantage. Dead even.

The day before we took the red 5.0 to Cal Speedway for our normal battery of tests and as you can see its numbers are essentially identical to the numbers our car laid down back in January. Remember, all times are rounded to the tenth, so one car could have run a 4.86 0-60 and gotten a 4.9 while the other car could have run a 4.84 which would round to a 4.8 and so on throughout the numbers.

Long-Term 5.0 Test Numbers

Acceleration
0-30 (sec): 2.2
0-45 (sec): 3.5
0-60 (sec): 5.0
0-60 with 1-ft Rollout (sec): 4.8
0-75 (sec): 6.8
1/4-Mile (sec @ mph): 13.1 @ 109.5

Braking
30-0 (ft): 27
60-0 (ft): 109
Handling
Slalom (mph): 69.0
Skid Pad Lateral acceleration (g): 0.92

Press Fleet 5.0 Test Numbers

Acceleration
0-30 (sec): 2.1
0-45 (sec): 3.6
0-60 (sec): 5.2
0-60 with 1-ft Rollout (sec): 4.9
0-75 (sec): 7.2
1/4-Mile (sec @ mph): 13.2 @ 109.3

Braking
30-0 (ft): 28
60-0 (ft): 110

Handling
Slalom (mph): 70.3
Skid Pad Lateral acceleration (g): 0.93

Long term performing better 2/3 weeks earlier?

This mag is a joke. Sorry you don't have any better material, DarkSS...

Krash7051

Addict
Jan 20, 2011
I have yet to see one run a 12 second quarter, yet on here they are solid mid-12 cars. mid 12's is the exception, not the norm. Can we agree on that or am I still out of line??

I've always preferred a Mustang to a Camaro but appreciate both. That being said, I find it pointless to argue about magazine numbers. I am of the belief that your car runs what you yourself have run. There are too many variables that could swing a 1/4 mile time faster or slower.

I do however find these threads very entertaining so by all means continue flaming eachother.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I don't think what one dude sees at the local dragstrip gives a proper indication of the collective times these have run, or are capable of running.

So far that's the best evidence we have on this site, IMO. Other than internet and magazine articles. There are no facts to back up anything. The only 5th gen at the track ran a 13.4 too btw.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
So far that's the best evidence we have on this site, IMO. Other than internet and magazine articles. There are no facts to back up anything. The only 5th gen at the track ran a 13.4 too btw.

The internet is a pretty big resource :rofl: I don't know if you'll find anything different, but go to a Mustang forum. I'm sure some forum has a stock 5.0 timeslip registry.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info