• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Evolution Performance 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Runs 9's on Stock Engine & Trans *VIDEO*

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
Evolution Performance 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Runs 9's on Stock Engine & Trans *VIDEO*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siqUezuWSyE

652 RWHP and 577RWTQ
Modification List - Using 100% Street Components
Factory Stock Coyote Engine
Factory Stock 6R80 6-Speed Automatic Transmission
Circle D Specialties Pro Series Billet Torque Converter
Ford Racing/Whipple Twin Screw Supercharger @ 12.5lbs of Boost
75lb Fuel Injectors
Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
L&M Dual 66mm Throttle Body
123mm Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake
JLT Billet Oil Separators
Evolution Performance, Inc. Custom Dyno Tune
American Racing 1 7/8 Longtube Headers with 3" Collector and Off-Road X-Pipe
Borla Catback Exhaust System
Ford Racing 3.73 Gears
Ford Racing Lowering Springs
Evolution Upper Control Arm and Mount
Evolution Billet Lower Control Arms
Evolution Adjustable Panhard Bar and Brace
Black Weld RT-S Wheels with Mickey Thompson ET Street D.O.T. Tires
109 Octane Unleaded Fuel

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
Impressive, but calling it 100% stock engine and trans is BS.

How is the trans 100% stock when the converter isn't. Circle D Specialties Pro Series Billet Torque Converter

stock engine is a legitimate claim.
But yeah, the stock trans thing is pushing it.. But still, I guess they could say they are using a factory, un-modified trans :dunno:
Whether or not the converter is actually part of the transmission is up for debate

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
These definitions of "stock" are just way to stretched in my opinion.

Yeah a converter might not be sold with an auto trans, just as a clutch is not usually sold with a manual trans. But the trans does not work without those items in place, so I deem it part of the trans since it aids in TRANSMITTING the power to the wheels.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
That logic means that everything is connected. It's like saying you have a stock engine, but you have a cold air intake feeding it so it's no longer stock. A converter is in the same light. Regardless, the transmission is holding up to some serious power and putting up good times without an changes to the transmission itself.

I know when I talk to guys that have aftermarket converters and stock transmissions they alway refer to the trans itself as stock. Look on ls1tech. The common expression is something along the line of ".... higher stall converter on a stock trans".

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
That's pretty impressive power on stock internals. I thought I had heard that the new 5.0's have glass rods/pistons. But I guess the true test is how long will the motor last at that power level.

As far as the trans goes, I'd agree with stating the trans was stock with an aftermarket stall.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
That's pretty impressive power on stock internals. I thought I had heard that the new 5.0's have glass rods/pistons. But I guess the true test is how long will the motor last at that power level.

As far as the trans goes, I'd agree with stating the trans was stock with an aftermarket stall.

Yeah, I guess time will tell.
Rick from Amazon Tuning (highly-regarded) did a procharged (D1) 2011 GT not too long ago and made 650/509 on 9 psi.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info