• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2011 Camaro SS Vert vs. 2011 Mustang GT Vert

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
i disagree

mustang chassis and weight > camaro chassis and weight is more like it.... the LS3 is still noting to laugh at i mean stock automatic ls3 vettes rape!

I know, I was just trying to rile up the GM guys. The stock LS3 makes more power than the 5.0, but that's just because of the displacement difference. I think the 5.0 has the LS3 beat in efficiency. But either way, both motors are impressive.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I know, I was just trying to rile up the GM guys. The stock LS3 makes more power than the 5.0, but that's just because of the displacement difference. I think the 5.0 has the LS3 beat in efficiency. But either way, both motors are impressive.

The 5.0L is good for business. GM will have to improve their product. Ford also has some tricks up their sleve with the 5.0L.

TransHed

Navy Seabee
Sep 3, 2009
Plainfield, IL
Poor F-Body. It's about to go extinct again.

just because ford finally made the mustang faster than the camaro (after how many decades?) doesnt mean the f-body is going to be "extinct". :hsughlol:

How much are those 2004 Camaro SS's worth? The Mustang drove the F-body to extinction once already.

The F-Body died in 2002. This giant Camaro Air Craft Carrier - whale like looking thing is on the Zeta Platform lol.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
How much are those 2004 Camaro SS's worth? The Mustang drove the F-body to extinction once already.

I think slumping sales and ROI were the reasons why the fbody production stopped in 2002. i doubt ford was twisting gm's arm until they screamed mercy. i do like that new 5.0 and hate the 2010 camaro. :ford:

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
yes, because gm was just going to leave the engine as is, and ford will be the only one tinkering with anything:nuts:

GM seems to be behind in engine tech frankly. For the 2011 MY, Ford came out with a lot of new engines....From boosted, diesel, to N/A. GM is behind due to the financial issues/bankruptcy slowing development of a lot of projects.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
well whats tough about that though is who knows how the new engines are going to hold up though- i agree with you jason but yeah... first year shit scares the fuck out of me...

and also- as far as the diesel thing- gm doesnt need to come out with a new diesel- their duramax is still rockin shit.

The hp wars are great. I rag on gm because of their bankruptcy, but the new Camaro made Ford fast track the 5.0 program.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info