• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Diff btw 09 Mustang Conv't and Hardtop Body

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
Hello
I have a 09 Mustang GT/CS convertible that has a front hit and need body parts and was wondering if a convertible body is just a hard top with the top cut off and all the body parts identical or are some incompatible.
The parts I need for this convertible is basically whole left side of car
fender/hood
strut tower/frame
door
rear quarter

Will these parts from a 05-09 hardtop fit or should I look at only convertibles (harder to find) at auctions/parts yards?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Hello
I have a 09 Mustang GT/CS convertible that has a front hit and need body parts and was wondering if a convertible body is just a hard top with the top cut off and all the body parts identical or are some incompatible.
The parts I need for this convertible is basically whole left side of car
fender/hood
strut tower/frame
door
rear quarter

Will these parts from a 05-09 hardtop fit or should I look at only convertibles (harder to find) at auctions/parts yards?

Fender/hood are the same to my understanding
Strut tower should be the same, the GT Verts all came with braces IIRC
The doors on the hardtop and vert are both Frameless, but I’m unsure if they are interchangeable, I’m sure Co-Part could confirm that easily.
Rear quarter is different at the top to contour with the vert top, don’t know how extreme your damage is, but past where the top contour is they are the same.

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
Ok thanks that is what I was thinking.
Fender/hood are the same to my understanding
Strut tower should be the same, the GT Verts all came with braces IIRC
The doors on the hardtop and vert are both Frameless, but I’m unsure if they are interchangeable, I’m sure Co-Part could confirm that easily.
Rear quarter is different at the top to contour with the vert top, don’t know how extreme your damage is, but past where the top contour is they are the same.

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
Thanks everyone finally got it all together
eee3dc9055cbad70d11680ec15b15cb9.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info