• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Anyone does timing chain on 5.4l 3v

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
nope.gif

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
Yeah after having owned 2 5.4L 32v with no issues I ASSumed the 3 valve version would be simpler and more reliable. Heh after getting this from auction and checking for codes then a Google search I see these have ALOT of issues with cam phasers, VCT solenoids and timing chain guides (wearing) that cause a multitude of problems. I looked online and there are some write ups with most people saying 10-14 hours to DYI but I have a hard time with spark plug changes and don't want to attempt this.

It might more cost effective to sell it but I like the challenge of projects if even I don't do the work myself lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info