• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Terminator Swap Questions

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
Hello
I have own a few GT's and a 96 Cobra but looking to get a crashed terminator with drivetrain and interior intact and buy a New Edge (GT or V6) to swap it into. I presume the engine/trans, harnesses, dash and computer need swapped. How difficult is it to swap all the interior/dash/IRA and all components? Are the chassis built for easy interchange? Is it better to start with a GT or is it more cost effective to start with a V6 which probably had an easier life (no racing). Does everything from the Cobra bolt up directly with existing holes or will holes and brackets have to be fabricated. The reason I'm asking many of the Cobras at auctions have a lot of body damage and I have always read others build threads and would like the challenge of one if its not too difficult.

Thanks

Hello
I have own a few GT's and a 96 Cobra but looking to get a crashed terminator with drivetrain and interior intact and buy a New Edge (GT or V6) to swap it into. I presume the engine/trans, harnesses, dash and computer need swapped. How difficult is it to swap all the interior/dash/IRA and all components? Are the chassis built for easy interchange? Is it better to start with a GT or is it more cost effective to start with a V6 which probably had an easier life (no racing). Does everything from the Cobra bolt up directly with existing holes or will holes and brackets have to be fabricated. The reason I'm asking many of the Cobras at auctions have a lot of body damage and I have always read others build threads and would like the challenge of one if its not too difficult.

Thanks

Everything literally bolts right up. With a plasma cutter/torch and a little welding it will be a breeze. If it takes you more than 5 hours to do the swap you are doing it wrong!

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
The k members may be the only thing I can think of that may not bolt right in in regards to the motor. v6 I believe is different. The gt and cobra could be the same k member.

Read end is bolt in. I have a termi with a solid. No drilling required. Different exhaust hangers are. Interior is bolt in.

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
terminator swap

it is time consuming.on a mustang gt you have to swap all wiring harnesses from front to rear of the car from the donor car otherwise there are quite a few wires that would have to be repined in the existing car harness.k-member is the same if you use stock one.stock hood won't fit at least on my car it did not.lot's of work but is not bad if you know what your doing and take your time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info