• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Ford unleashing 727-horsepower Petty's Garage 2016 Mustang GT King edition

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
pettys-garage-2016-mustang-gt-king-edition-f3fbacb50bb2b3f5.jpg

http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/2015/10/ford_unleashing_727-horsepower.html

DETROIT, MI - Ford Motor Co. has the 707-horsepower Dodge Hellcats squarely in its sights with the release of a new, beastly Mustang.

"Featuring up to 727 horsepower, the new Petty's Garage 2016 Mustang GT King edition means that Ford's pony will be hell for some cats," the company said in a release.

As the name implies, Ford has partnered with NASCAR legend Richard "The King" Petty to offer the limited edition Mustang GTs, built to Petty's own specifications.

Only 300 of the brawny Mustangs will be built for the 2016 model year, including 243 King edition models, 43 King Premier and 14 King Premier convertibles.

Under the hood is a supercharged 5.0-liter V-8 engine with 670 horsepower. An optional level-two upgrade uses a smaller supercharger pulley to boost horsepower to 727.

"I've always liked the look of the Mustang, and the 2016 model gives us a great base car to work with," Petty said in Ford's release. "These new King edition Mustangs are pretty much the way I'd build my own. They are great fun to drive, and have a signature single exhaust.

The starting suggested retail price is $67,495 for the King Edition and $90,495 for the King Premier.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info