• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

PATS Gremlins Appeared Last Night HELP!!!

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
:fu:

I took the Cobra to hockey last night, when I went to leave I started the car and it proceeded to die a 2 seconds later.

So what happens is I put my key in the ignition, turn the key to power the accessories & prime the fuel pump, the Theft light flashes quickly, and when I start the car it dies right away.

I ended up getting the car started after trying to reset the PATS about 10 times per the owner's manual and also disconnecting the battery, but the problem is still there. I was reading on the interwebs that it was possibly a bad key or the transistor in the steering column might be bad.

I tested my other key when I came home and it did the same thing, so I am ruling out my keys. I am going to start checking fuses today to see if that is the culprit, but I was thinking of saying fuck it and having my tune adjusted to disable it.

Have any of you guys had similar issues?

What did you do to resolve them?

I just to not want something stupid like this to strand me out far away from home.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
:fu:

I took the Cobra to hockey last night, when I went to leave I started the car and it proceeded to die a 2 seconds later.

So what happens is I put my key in the ignition, turn the key to power the accessories & prime the fuel pump, the Theft light flashes quickly, and when I start the car it dies right away.

I ended up getting the car started after trying to reset the PATS about 10 times per the owner's manual and also disconnecting the battery, but the problem is still there. I was reading on the interwebs that it was possibly a bad key or the transistor in the steering column might be bad.

I tested my other key when I came home and it did the same thing, so I am ruling out my keys. I am going to start checking fuses today to see if that is the culprit, but I was thinking of saying fuck it and having my tune adjusted to disable it.

Have any of you guys had similar issues?

What did you do to resolve them?

I just to not want something stupid like this to strand me out far away from home.

Had no idea you could disable this in the tune. Shit man that sucks. Might have to bite the bullet and take it to ford. For this kind of shit I would. Or PM Drew 01bluesnake. He was a ford tech for 10 years and knows this shit in and out. Maybe he can direct you. He has always helped me with my fords.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Give him a call, tell him I miss him.......lol He will know if it can be disabled in the tune.

I will :lmao:

So I may have uncovered the issue and it may have to do with the transistor and/or wiring in the steering column. The Theft light only blinks when the steering wheel is tilted up. I tilted the steering wheel down and it went away. I wonder if one of the wires is shorting when in the up position.

I really do not want to pull apart the steering column, looks like I have some research to do.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
With HP tuners? Because SCT probably doesnt have that option. And Im sure thats what Kurgan used on Jims car.

Everything I am reading says the SCT software has that option. I will need to call Kurgan if I go that route.

You can disable PATS with SCT. In my experience SCT has considerably deeper access to the ECU's settings than what HPT does on any given vehicle that both support. At least that's been my experience anyways; especially with Fords.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
51Oa37aAt2L.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info