• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

0% for 72 on mustangs right now.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
To answer my own question, yes, it is only on 2014's. But if I could find a 2014 with the options I wanted for under $30k, I think I would have to pull the trigger for 72 months @ 0%. I hope they stretch this out until the 2015's come out and the 2014's drop in price.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
Over last summer dodge was running dodge darts 0% for 84 months............. on a dart..... a dart.... if you need 84 months for a dart kill yourself lol

But if you have a super low payment @ 0%... You just make double payments here and there - my 11' civic was a 6 or 7 year loan... But I paid it off in 4 - it's more about the finance rate rather than the term...

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
The way cars are now they will last far longer than the typical shit we had in the 80's and 90's. I see no issue with a 6 or 7 year loan especially when you have some cars with upwards of 10 year warranties. Throw in 0% financing for that term and it's really not that bad unless you are the type to switch cars often.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
To answer my own question, yes, it is only on 2014's. But if I could find a 2014 with the options I wanted for under $30k, I think I would have to pull the trigger for 72 months @ 0%. I hope they stretch this out until the 2015's come out and the 2014's drop in price.

Mark. Check out this link. It allows you to search all ford dealers inventory without having to even contact one. It's the site I used to find my last 3 5.0s.

Ford Dealers, Special Offers, New Inventory, Dealer Locator in your area

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
you're an idiot.

I love free money and usually disagree with him, but really KJ he makes a valid point. If you need 84 months to pay off a Dart. . . . You probably shouldn't be buying one.

And to the comment on super low payments.

I'd be willing to guess most don't do that... Please prove me wrong, I want to think people are more financially responsible, but the data seems to show otherwise.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I love free money and usually disagree with him, but really KJ he makes a valid point. If you need 84 months to pay off a Dart. . . . You probably shouldn't be buying one.

And to the comment on super low payments.

I'd be willing to guess most don't do that... Please prove me wrong, I want to think people are more financially responsible, but the data seems to show otherwise.

If you need 84 months then I agree. But if you get 84 months for 0% and plan on making double or triple payments when you can then I see no issues there. Again the rate makes all the difference. And 0% is unbeatable at any term. It really is free money.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006

:rofl: yeah people are idiots...I've heard that most of the salesmans pitch these days is "I can get your monthly payment down to $150/month!" what he doesn't tell you, it's over 84+ months, with a huge interest rate, dealer fees, finance fees, or whatever else they can tack on without you knowing.

Financing scams are the new rust proofing scam

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I agree, I did 0 for 72 on my old grand prix, but it was just to take advantage of free money. NOT so I could afford the car.

Heck we did the VW at 66 months for .9% We could have financed it for much less but I can do better things with that money right now.

I think Turk says something like, make your money work for you.

Oh and to the original point of this post. :fy: for 0$ on a stang! I'm not a stang fan but that seriously ups how great of a deal these cars are.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
:rofl: yeah people are idiots...I've heard that most of the salesmans pitch these days is "I can get your monthly payment down to $150/month!" what he doesn't tell you, it's over 84+ months, with a huge interest rate, dealer fees, finance fees, or whatever else they can tack on without you knowing.

Financing scams are the new rust proofing scam

I hate that crap. Tell me my term, out the door price and my finance rate. I'll worry about the final monthly payment last.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info