• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Ford's 4v C-Heads extreme discussion! (lots of questions)

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
I have read and info myself about the C-heads, but I would like to know even further stuff like for example under what set up they are good for.

First thing I will like to know is what's the difference between 99-01 cobra C-heads and 99 continental C-heads? Since they a both used on same engine there must be a difference.

Also I've read everywhere that 99 continental's heads will make a good set of heads to be used but, what about 2000 thru 2002 continental's??? Why the articles that I've read about they don't mention them.

I found a 2000 continental at a local junk yard and I need to know they are ok to be used.

I know that there's a lot knowledgeable people here with experience on this campus, I'd love to learn more about this. Thanks in advance

GoldPanther

TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
FYI

The heads are the exact same along with valves and everything. The only difference between them are the INTAKE camshafts, I don't know what's the difference on the camshaft but Im just guessing that they are either slightly more aggressive or that they are just heat threated.

I'm surprised none gave an answer to this, there are too many mod guys here. Or maybe they were just lazy to respond lol.

So the car is not there anymore but if I find another one I will absolutely get those heads.

GoldPanther

TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
Zack I admire your knowledge and I have a question for you, I hope you see this.

Even if I get mustang's C-Heads and I put them on my modular PI block, why some people say that the swap is almost not worth to do it? Supposedly PI engines make more power than none PIs. I know there's a minimum difference in the pistons. But if that's true then it should be the same thing having a non PI and a PI engine.

Also I know that some mustangs have B heads. Until what year?

GoldPanther

TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
I was thinking about just boosting my 2v engine but I want more than that.
I'm pretty sure that I want to go for c heads. But before I do that I need to know what's the deal with the pistons. Do engines that have none PI heads have flatter pistons that engines with PI heads? If my theory is true then I will probably end up changing those pistons. And if I end up changing piston then I may as well rebuild the whole block. If I teardown the whole engine the may and up pitting a strocker on it.

Averything sound time consuming so I'm thinking to get a mark VIII teksid block and start with it. As far as I know that the best and cheapest block anyone can get.

Any information on all this will be very appreciated. Please help this noob! Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info