• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

351w turbo build questions

im about to start building a 351w turbo setup for my fox. im wanting to re use some parts tha i have which may not be ideal but its what i have and can afford. its going to be a stock short block, new rings and bearing, edelbroc performer heads( that i already had) and an efi intake of some sort. my main question a this point is what cam to run. i realize that i would be best off to buy a custom turbo cam but i have read that the f-cam works pretty well with a turbo/blower setup. i have a used f cam that i can re use in the build (that i bought new) but i also have a brand new anderson ford n41 cam that is very similar to the f-cam. any suggestions on which one would be better? turbo specs are :

Compressor Wheel Trim: 50
Compressor A/R: 0.66
Turbine Wheel Trim: 77
Turbine A/R: 1.05
Compressor Wheel Inducer: 68.9mm
Compressor Wheel Exducer: 98mm
Turbine Wheel Inducer: 88mm
Turbine Wheel Exducer: 77.4mm

not looking for huge amounts of power i just like strength that the 351 bottom endhad compared to a 302. thanks guys

blown89lx

Regular
May 8, 2014
Not a whole lot of experience with the Anderson cam or the f cam. But for a budget build I'm sure either will work. With a turbine a/r that large ur power is going to come in slightly later .

What you do wanna watch out for is compression. What compression? What fuel? Pump got enough balls? Auto or manual? Gear ratio?

If ur not looking to make record numbers then just throw it together can always add boost.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info