• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need power adder before next half mile. Which?

Which power adder?

• NOS!!!!

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Centri blower

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • TVS blower

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Twins - very expensive

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Depends on your pocket book really. If the car isn't set up right with the power adder for the 1/2 mile, you will eat a piston at minimum, or crack a sleeve in the block. You will need a tune just for a 1/2 mile run which is 5th-6th gear tuning which is a lot of stress on a motor. I personally would do a stout N/A setup, can get just under 500whp without even cracking the motor open. A N/A CJ mani setup, high quality long tubes, and supporting hardware with E85 will get you close and be very reliable. If you have money to blow, a single turbo or Paxton 2200 will do you good, but will be straining the stock motor pretty hard. Just a FYI, i went 11.0's on the CJ setup with stock headers, stock longblock. LT's would of got me into the 10's on motor.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Depends on your pocket book really. If the car isn't set up right with the power adder for the 1/2 mile, you will eat a piston at minimum, or crack a sleeve in the block. You will need a tune just for a 1/2 mile run which is 5th-6th gear tuning which is a lot of stress on a motor. I personally would do a stout N/A setup, can get just under 500whp without even cracking the motor open. A N/A CJ mani setup, high quality long tubes, and supporting hardware with E85 will get you close and be very reliable. If you have money to blow, a single turbo or Paxton 2200 will do you good, but will be straining the stock motor pretty hard. Just a FYI, i went 11.0's on the CJ setup with stock headers, stock longblock. LT's would of got me into the 10's on motor.

Drew are you sure? I was told by a member here stock coyote motors go 8's:dunno:

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Drew are you sure? I was told by a member here stock coyote motors go 8's:dunno:

I actually don't believe any stock coyote long blocks have been into the 8's, many in the 9's though. If you are referring to the roadrunner or boss motor, I thought I read someone did, but could be wrong. The block is the limiting power factor with these motors, as the sleeves start moving and crack with bigger power, I would say anything 650whp+. Pistons are a common failure, typically on FI cars on pump gas though. A few guys have bent rods with roots type blowers, most likely due to how quick the power and torque comes in with it. 1/4 to 1/2 is a lot different on a cars drivetrain. Although it doesn't sound like much, its a lot longer the car will be under a constant load, and most likely in a overdrive gear to get the mph. That makes a big difference for a cars tune, which most tuner will pull more timing up top and add a little more fuel to combat possible detonation from heat/load.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Lol, I thought you were serious. Stock coyote long blocks have been in the mid 9's with more people pushing them farther and farther though. I suppose 8's on a stock coyote motor aren't far away, but don't expect more than a few passes before it destructs lol.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005

Im afraid I cant do all the NA stuff again this time. I promised myself that I would just save all the spent money for boost of some kind. I always buy all the beginner mods, then take them all off and sell them for cheap for better stuff. Im seasoned enough to know whats out there and what I would be happy with for this car. Thats why the last vette I had stayed stock for the most part. I could have done all the basic mods to it, but odds are they would have been traded in with the car still installed because Im a lazy ass. But this time around I know what I want. No more selling stock parts either.....lol Thats half my problem.

I'm getting an AED tune no matter which way I go, and I will be sure to mention to him that I want a special tune for the 1/2mile event. Im sure he knows what to do for that. But Im really leaning towards the spray or the novi2200 kit. Spray would be the most cost efficient, and the paxton kit would be a distant second. It will probably be the paxton kit, but man the allure of spray at the low cost is pulling at me. But filling bottles is a pain in the ass.

Thread Info