• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Lowering A Coyote's Ass

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
negatives being you will need to buy an adjustable PHB to square up the ass end when it is lowered. Other than that, not many negatives depending on your use for the car. If you want to race it or drive it aggressive, you will need some LCA relocation brackets at minimum. There are a few pictures from my thread on here. Minimal pics, but maybe someone else has some good ones on here. http://www.thechicagogarage.com/for...t/133253-sleeperls-2011-mustang-gt-5-0-a.html

Dawg

Mar 10, 2005
Thanks for the link to your thread. Nice car, I like the wingless look. Your car still maintained the rake. I am wanting to lower the rear an inch while leaving the front at stock height to eliminate some of the rake.

I considered just throwing a fat chick in the trunk, but the food bill could get pretty big. :wink:

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I can't seem to find the pics I had of my car before and after my K spring swap but go with those. FRRP "K" springs give a 1.5" drop.

Ford Racing Mustang Lowering Kit - Ford Racing - Springs - Suspension - 2011-2014 Mustang GT 5.0L

They give a nice aggressive drop but ride fairly well for what they are. Like SleeperLS said, you will need a panhard bar to recenter the rear axle and you will eventually need new strut mounts or just turn the ones you have 180* around to give about .5* of camber back. I didn't get the camber plates or do anything with it but the insides of my front tires did wear slightly faster than normal.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
A lot of the guys that have Brembo cars and don't want to lower the front use the Brembo50.com D55 rear springs. Check them out here. They show examples pictures of before and after.

Steeda will also sell just just the rear springs from their spring kits. Call them and they can explain what they have and the differences of their springs. They are a great company to deal with.

Dawg

Mar 10, 2005
A lot of the guys that have Brembo cars and don't want to lower the front use the Brembo50.com D55 rear springs. Check them out here. They show examples pictures of before and after.

Steeda will also sell just just the rear springs from their spring kits. Call them and they can explain what they have and the differences of their springs. They are a great company to deal with.

Thanks buddy, that nails what I am looking for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info