• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Slipping or loose belt?

PonyExpress

May 5, 2005
McHenry, IL
Real Name
Phil
I have a Billetflow 2.93" S/C pulley & 4 Idler pulleys (1 - 100mm / 3 - 92mm).

Just had Ford replace the S/C belt with the same Gates belt I've had for 10 years (although the new Gates belt is 1mm longer than the previous even though Gates stock # is identical).

When I hit the gas hard in 3rd or higher, the boost gauge climbs but RPM's climb as well. Not sure if the new belt is slipping? Tensioner issue?
(This was happening before the new belt was replaced.)

Any help would be appreciated!

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
You need to clarify what exactly is happening. The boost should climb and so should the RPM's. Do you not accelerate?

If not, it could be a slipping clutch instead.

If you suspect a slipping belt, check for excessive belt dust around the SC. Since you have a new belt, you might have a bit of dust which is normal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• PonyExpress
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list