• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

The Pony Failed Emissions

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I took the Cobra for emission on Saturday and the car failed. I had 11 System Monitors show up "Not Supported" and the MIL Status is "Off". I am assuming that something has been turned off in the tune to allow me to run long tubes without triggering anything.

I am pretty sure this issue can be corrected with a retune or adjustment to the original tune. I have never had a car with long tubes, just O/R midpipes. I have never had an issue with passing on O/R midpipes so I would think that the long tubes would not be any different.

Anybody have any experience with this?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
The kid I went to was a major idiot. When I pulled up, the first thing he asked me was if a girl responds to his text does that mean she is still interested in him. No shitting. I was stunned for a bit and then I fed him a line of bullshit to try and avoid the conversation. Then he started mumbling a bunch, I nodded my head, and then he put me in the booth. After that he grabbed me, kept rambling on about how this chick went on a date with him once, and then she would talk to him, but not go out with him again. I closed my door started my car, he handed me my paperwork, and told me I failed. I was like WTF???

SBTerminator

Pre Owned Director
Jan 31, 2010
Chicagoland
Real Name
Andy Miodynski
Here's a picture of my "test" from last week. 9 out of the 11 show up as "Not supported". I too left there with everyone coughing and the smell of a catless car in a building running and I passed.
ga7yvahe.jpg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I've had good luck at the Elk Grove Village facility. Shortly after buying my '01 cobra, i was called into emissions. Mind you i just got done doing Kooks long tubes and O/R X. The CEL light never came on after the install, but had a tune when i purchased it without a hand held so was sure everything was turned off. Sure enough, went to the test and every monitor was not supported, which was no surprise. What they did next though was put the car on the sniffer, and i was almost ready to tell him dont bother but just stayed quiet. Figuring i was going to fail, he told me to get in and he would hand me the results. To my surprise the car passed lol, reading on HC count was just under their test threshold. Guess the car was running really good for the tune it had.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info