• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Evolution Performance, Inc. 2013 Shelby GT500 Custom Dyno Tune Video!

UWISHU1

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2004
Hanover Park

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I don't know how folks buy a 60k car and then immediately throw a tune on it... obviously its fresh to the market and tunes are going to be fairly experimental at this point. That's a risky wager to make when you're talking about a 50HP/50TQ gain when you're already driving the fastest production Mustang ever...

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
No shit? Amazing idea. Risk is risk regardless of how much money you have dude.

It all depends on the person's buying behavior. There are people in the marketplace that feel the need to purchase the most innovative technology in the marketplace. They gladly take on the risk because they get more enjoyment out of blazing the trail opposed to following the herd and can probably afford an expensive mistake. I would say these people are a small percentage of the buying market. These are the people that go out and purchase a $60K car, start slapping parts on the car, and tune the shit out of it.

The rest of us just sit back and watch because we do not want the risk exposure of purchasing a $60K car and taking the chance on a tune that can blow a motor. We would much rather watch someone else blow up their car a few times and then get a proven, reliable tune after the kinks are worked out.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I don't know how folks buy a 60k car and then immediately throw a tune on it... obviously its fresh to the market and tunes are going to be fairly experimental at this point. That's a risky wager to make when you're talking about a 50HP/50TQ gain when you're already driving the fastest production Mustang ever...

With all due respect this makes no sense.

Tuning is tuning.
Get the A/F right and make sure it doesnt detonate.

What am I missing?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
No respect needed. :D

It's just that Ford has been taking a GTR-like hard line on warranty work. I'd be heart broken to blow up a car like this one die to a flaky tune. Hell, there have been cases of a simple cai bowering up the 5.0s!

Id be wicked worried for my investment is all I'm saying. Maybe street the 3/36 was up I'd feel better.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
With all due respect this makes no sense.

Tuning is tuning.
Get the A/F right and make sure it doesnt detonate.

What am I missing?

You are WAY over simplifying it. If it was that easy why are you paying someone else to tuning your car?

People always want more. And 5 years ago no one really know who Evolution was. But because they now are ALWAYS trying to get the cars first, tuning them first, getting the best ET first, modifying first and so on they have A LOT of exposure online doing so. GREAT advertising for them. So even if they hurt the motor they fix it and move on. Because they learn from it and sell a lot of parts because of what they do. They car is a business write off. They get the tax benefits and get to enjoy the car. Then sell it for big money when they move to the next car.

They really did hog out that grill. There's nothing there at all.

Ya, they wanted as much air flow as possible to get through the many heat exchanges on the car.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Oh ya, They are at the track today with the car.

"Second Pass - 10.02@141MPH (Boost Only)"

I guess they must have hooked up a nitrous kit being it says boost only? :whoknows:

578152_10151777189700648_637822259_n.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info