• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Problem with my JLT MAF Adaptor

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I mentioned this in the shoubox the other day and I got great advice but my car has a hesitation after I just installed the JLT budget HP kit. JLT Budget Horsepower kit (1996-04 Cobra,GT/01 Bullitt) [BK-FMCGB-9604] - $124.00 : JLT PERFORMANCE, Home of the JLT TRUE COLD AIR KIT

The maf adaptor gasket isn't making a perfect seal with the maf

What do you guys think?

jltadaptor.jpg

jltadaptor1.jpg

jltadaptor2.jpg

sick.jpg

The last pic shows the notch (whatever its called) where the 4 bolts go through. Thats why the gasket won't seal. WTF?? Seriously thinking about putting my stock air box back on with a k&n filter.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
How much HP do you guys think I'd lose if I put the stock air box back on with a high flow airfilter?

My Mods: Stock blower with a 2.76 pulley, JLT Rai, catback, tr6 plugs and an old dyno tune from Sutton HP with an Xcal2.

I still wanna get a new tune from Tim Barth.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Jay got back to me and said, " The adapter is perfectly flat, your MAF would need to be very warped for it not to be sealing on the inside at the circle. You should be able to see this seal with the filter off, most likely it's sealed up just right. If you want extra insurance you can use some RTV, but that shouldn't be needed.
Normally we don't even use a gasket, so using our gasket you should be fine.

Thanks
Jay

Feel free to call if you have any questions."

My Cobra is running great now, the hesitation went away. I disconnected the battery when I installed the CAI and now I think the computer has re- learned

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info