• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Mustang was backed into last night... pics inside

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
STAY ON TOPIC PEOPLE! NO BASHING.

Soooo I took the car out last night and on the way home, I stopped at CVS for some cough drops. Parked away from all other cars. Went inside took care of business and right as I walk out the door towards my car I see a Honda Odyssey WAY to close to the Mustang and then I hear the sound... CRUNCH.

:cussing:

The lady gets out of her van, walks over and says "I didn't even see it..."

It's a bright F@#%$#! yellow car!

She then proceeds to bend down and just start buffing the bumper with her hoody sleeve... :picard: Long story short, she says that she wants to handle this outside of insurance. She gives me copies of her insurance (same as mine), her DL and a business card. She then says get a quote for the repairs and let me know what they say.

So here's the pics... The bottom valance has a dimple in it, doubt it'll come out. There is also a slight crease to the right of the few a couple inches long. The bottom of the valance also has a scuff on it. The worst part is the scratches in the paint. :wtc: Being that this car is this crazy yellow blaze color, repainting (if needed) isn't going to be easy to match, nor will it be cheap.

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0115.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_0118.JPG

I'm going to see if I can take it anywhere local tonight for a quote... but I doubt I'll get home on time. Opinions on how bad this damage is? Think the valance is repairable?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Damn dude! I had a similar instance with the GTP where the woman wanted to handle it outside of insurance; we both had state farm. When I sent her the estimate of $1k for a quarter sized ding that required painting the rear quarter panel, she disappeared. No phone calls or email returned. People underestimate the cost of body work. When I told my insurance rep about it, they took her name and charged her the deductible and covered all repairs from her policy with no cost to me.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
For serious though, you can buff that out you big vagina.

...before you go waving the vagina flag, consider what you'd want done if this was your car dude. That and I had to tell the wife today what happened. I was more worried about that than the damage to the car. She loves the car (rightfully so) and I had it when it got hit... first damage to her new baby.

Just isn't a pretty situation at all.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
...before you go waving the vagina flag, consider what you'd want done if this was your car dude. That and I had to tell the wife today what happened. I was more worried about that than the damage to the car. She loves the car (rightfully so) and I had it when it got hit... first damage to her new baby.

Just isn't a pretty situation at all.

I'm busting your balls man. Look up, I found my fascia for $90.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
That Roush one is pretty sweet, might be the best route to go. Painting it to the right shade will be tough though if you do get a new bumper. Hit up Ford for some factory paint maybe? since it is brand new I would be replacing the part, not trying to make it look like it didn't happen by buffing though. just my opinion.

The Yellow Blaze paint on the car... no paint shop will touch it without BIG $. Trust me. The car has history at paint shops... no one wants to touch this paint. Just like Turk said. Repainting it will do more damage than good. Really hoping the scratches in the paint buff out.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
As mentioned, the woman is expecting to hear $100 and is going to freak out when you tell her the real cost. Get an estimate on repairs and then you have a dollar number to work with if you want to go with the Roush or some other direction.

$100 isn't going to happen, unfortunately for her. Definitely going to get a quote.

when do you work til today
like when could you get an estimate

I get home at 6:45, could be by the shop around 730-8?

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
The Yellow Blaze paint on the car... no paint shop will touch it without BIG $. Trust me. The car has history at paint shops... no one wants to touch this paint. Just like Turk said. Repainting it will do more damage than good. Really hoping the scratches in the paint buff out.

Didn't realize that about the paint....that kinda sucks. I hope it buffs out too mano, shitty situation. Good luck!

Some dumb lady parked bumper to bumper with mine at work the other week. I now have a screw head indent on my front bunper....I hate people

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005

Welcome to my nightmare. Sorry to hear about this. This is EXACTLY why I traded out of it. That color is a curse. I called every body shop within 50 miles and nobody wanted to touch it for less than triple what it would normally cost because they knew they would be redoing the job several times to get it right. Again, sorry to hear it. I saw it this morning on the way to work. I was a few cars behind in my mustang.

:fu:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info