• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Best Tire

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I run Nitto 555r DR's on my GTO: 275/40/17. On the street they are pretty good, on the track you need to do a John Force burnout to get them to hook. I don't drive my car in the rain or wet roads anymore but when I did they weren't horrible, just don't be a dumbass. They do wear down pretty quick though.
I've heard great things about the Toyo DR for all around street/track. I may switch to those next time I need new ones.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Run street tires, and for when you go to the track buy a cheap set of 15" wheels with Hoosier slicks.

+1

I have Nitto 555R's for the street and then MT's for the track.

I wouldn't mind buying new MT's for the street each year. The part I don't like is getting caught in the rain with them. I never leave the house with the car when it's raining, but I've been caught far away from home in the rain.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
NT-05's work well for me. I have the non-dr's which are more handling orientated and they hook pretty well. I've read that the NT-05R's work very well. Contrary to what was posted up above, I read that Kurgan tested MT's vs NT-05's back to back at the track and they were nearly equal. Stay away from any of the 555 models as they are a very dated tire and do not perform well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info