• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Quality Aftermarket 03-04 Cobra Front Bumper and Paint

TurboJuice

Regular
Mar 30, 2011
I am looking for freshen up my front end. My stock bumper has a crack in the middle and a bit of curb rash under the fog light.

Is it easier / cheaper to have the stock one fixed and repainted or should i buy a replacement?

I know absolutely nothing about body work and painting.

If it is better to just replace the bumper, where can I find a good quality replacement without spending big bucks on an OEM. I see some on ebay for 200 and AmericanMuscle has them for about 350? Does anyone know the differences or can you recommend a place to buy.

Or can someone recommend a good repair / paint shop. What should i be paying to have the bumper resprayed?

Thanks for the help in advance.

SONICobra

ITS STOK
Dec 1, 2005
as long as its cost effective and the shop you have do the work use flexible bumper repair material (NOT BONDO), have it fixed. cobra covers are expensive, i believe ~ $450 +/- for the part itself.

as far as replacing it goes, i would only go OEM. a/m covers usually fit for shit so youre only other options would either be a reconditioned cover (damaged OEM that a company has fixed) or recycled from a salvage yard.

problem with those options are sometimes the repair on the recon is substandard and the shop wont be able to use it or the repair will fail later on. the problem with the recycled one is its hard to find just the cover, a lot of times vendors want to sell you the whole assembly. plus depending on the price / condition of the part it may have to be fixed before it gets painted anyway (rock chips, dings, scratches, etc.)

bottom line - take it to a good shop, get an estimate and go from there. if all you need is some "freshening up" i doubt your cover is bad enough to replace. a nice idea is to replace the lower lip if you have the bumper done, especially if you have a lot of curb scratches etc. front end will look brand new

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info