• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cam & torque converter??

(I posted this in LIGHTNING RODDER also so if you saw this there too im sorry. Just trying to get info from guys that might not be on both forums)

**(I POSTED THIS IN LIGHTNING RODDER ALSO SO IF YOU SAW IT THERE TOO IM SORRY JUST TRYING TO GET INFO FROM GUYS THAT MIGHT NOT BE ON BOTH FORUMS)**
Ok guys this is my first post in the forum (other than the intro) so dont be too hard on me. haha.

I've had the truck for about a month now and have started a few mods and will be doing a few more in the next month. Im having a hard time deciding which Cam to go with and also what size Torque converter to use. Below is a list of all the upgrades I am tackling at the momment:

Eaton Super Charger ported by Posi Performance
Reische performance 170 deg.thermostat
NGK BR7EF Spark Plugs
JLT Cold Air Intake
Oil seperator
JLP Valve Body
Diablo Sport Preditor tuner
SCT MAF housing and sensor
Accufab Billet Single-Blade Throttle Body
DMH ELECTRONIC EXHAUST CUTOUT
2.75 UPPER BLOWER PULLEY.
6LB LOWER CRANK PULLEY
KILLER CHILLER
MICKEY THOPSON ET STREET II

CAM_______???
Torque Converter_______???

When everything is done I will be going to Deans Performance in St. Charles to get the truck Dyno Tuned by Bob Kurgan.

Ive done alot of searching on the forum to see what cams everyone is using. I guess im just worried about doing something too big and having issues. Which also brings me to what Converter to install. Im kind of leaning toward a 2400 stall. I dont drive the truck every day (not at all when the weather is bad) but will be driving it pretty much every weekend in the summer and plan on going to the track a few times as well. Im trying to go for something that still has the street driveability but will also show me some good gains and performance at the track.

Any suggestions or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I would talk the Bob and Hans as they will be doing the work to the truck. I'm sure they can help point you in the right direction.

Im actually doing the work at a friends shop and will just be going to Hans/Bob for the tune. Hans seemed like a great guy (from the one time i talked to him over the phone) but I wasnt sure if he would mind answering question about work he wasnt doing.

pretty sure bob can tell you everything you need to know, send him an email

I have an email into Bob already. I know he is a pretty busy person so im hoping he is able to get back to me.

Mustang0ne

Apr 17, 2008
You have a good setup going, I am a big fan of comp cams I plan on running the same as I had in my 2v mustang the 270s. Can look into stage 2 blower cams as well. I need a converter as well have you checked out mannys on lightningrodder? Im going with one of his but in a 2600 atleast.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info