• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2003 cobra alt

ron

Regular
Apr 4, 2009
I think my altenator went bad in 2003 cobra 29000 miles. Started my car and my pass side headlight was flickering and did not light up turned the lights off and on and it was fine made it about half a mile and both headlights went off pulled into parking lot and abs light on and motor died. Sat there for about 5 mins and tryed to start the car and it started but slow. so I took off to try make it the half mile home headlights went off but kept going car felt like was going to die so I pushed the clutch in and coasted to my driveway. Let the car sit 5 min and it started got the car in the garage. Disconected the bat and put it on the charger the bat was low . The bat is 2or3 months old group 65 1000 amp how can I check to see if it is the alt or bat thanks Ron :dunno::dunno: what brand alt should buy START&CHARGE ,PA or stock
Can the alt be changed without putting the car on a lift. I have jackstands and a floor jack, how hard is it to change

TurboJuice

Regular
Mar 30, 2011
I got a Start n' Charge alternator and new Motorcraft battery this summer. So far so good.

And the alternator is very easy to change if you know you way around, under the hood. There is a write up on SVTP, but I think it is silly. You just take off the belt, unbolt the alternator and wiggle it out the bottom.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info