• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2v quest for 11's?

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I just picked up a 98 gt stick and was wondering if theres any set ups that can make this thing haul ass! Meaning possible high 11's on a stock bottom end... Any suggestions?

PI head swap if you want to keep it cheap, or 4v if you want to put a little more money into it. Then do full boltons with cams, a 100 wetshot of nitrous and a car diet will get you there. It would be good to do something about your transmission and of course get some sticky tires.

I did quite a bit of work on a 2004 GT that a friend of mine owns and we were able to get that car to hit 11.60's on the shakedown passes with full boltons, VT stage 1 cams, and a 100 wetshot. We had done some weight reduction at that time but I cannot remember it being anything too significant at the point where those runs were made. Obviously an 04 GT is not a 98 GT but comparable enough to give you an idea of where you could be with similar mods. Any recommendations I give assume that your stock bottom end is in good condition.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
you'll find that there are some people that get the perfect combo together and manage to hit 11's in an n/a 2v, but honestly IMO you're better off swapping the engine out. a stock 98gt will probably run 15.0, so finding over 3 seconds on stock trans and bottom end is no easy task.

most setups you can put together to run the number will cost too much and probably blow up sooner than you'd like. you can't rev a 2v to the moon or boost it to make for 400+hp and expect it to last. no fuckin way

my 2000gt had every bolton, 4.10, and a 100 direct port kit and went 12.4 @ 109 spraying out of the gate and driving the FUCK out of it. Had I known what I know now, i'd never have even messed with the 2v in that car, and i sure as hell wouldn't have sprayed it.

i always say this shit but an LS 5.3 with just a cam will do more naturally aspirated than your engine ever will with a power adder, and you can get one for 1500 bucks easily

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info