• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2009 boost gauge

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Dont those things have a break in tune that keeps the boost low until 3-4k miles?

no hell no. Its like 50 miles or a certain amount of key on/off counts. Make sure your buddy is going WOT. If hes not, he will not be seeing any most anyway because of the boost bypass. One of these threads start atleast once a month with some new owner getting a GT500 and complaining he cant get any boost. Then after a few posts and days, we find out the OP wasnt going WOT!!

Bill D

Dec 24, 2011
Thanks Ron for asking that question. Im trying to figure out this web site, trying to upload pics of car but not that good with making poic smaller to fit in size they want it. I was reading some of the remarks and i dont know what op, or wot means. I know im new to this just trying to figure things out. What is a boost bypass for? All responses are appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

VNMOUS1

Light fuse, get away.
Nov 22, 2006
Short versions:

By the way, WOT=Wide Open Throttle.

There is a config in the factory tune that does, in fact, count miles and/or key cycles and it limits your boost to a percentage of the total possible. It does not limit it to "x" p.s.i of boost. This was designed so that boneheads in transit and lot boys wouldn't beat the snot out of them.

There is no vacuum leak because it's not a mechanical boost gauge. The gauge is electronic and it works by calculating various factors and coming up with "inferred" boost.

For the OP, tell your buddy to kick it in the ass....but not now, he'll end up in the ditch on those tires in the cold.

BJ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info