• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tires------HELP!

Curt

Regular
Sep 23, 2007
My 03 cobra had goodyear eagle f1 "summer tires" on it. I replaced my two rear tires with goodyear eagle all season tires. The only problem is my car looks funny. Although the tire sizes are the same, the wall of the "summer tires" stick out quite a bit further, therefore making my car look like the big tires are on the front. I rotated the new tires to the front, and the car looks great with the larger sidewall tires on the rear, but my rear tires are shot to. Anyone have advice on what I can purchase for the rear that will have a larger sidewall. Discount tire told me I cant put a larger tire on, I believe they said the 285 was the max.

P.S. I dont drive in the winter, and have been told the goodyear eagle "summer tires" are not made anymore.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Sell the two you bought and get away from Goodyear Eagle F1s. They are overpriced and not as good as several other choices. I used to like the Goodyear GS-D3s until they nearly doubled in price because of popularity. For $160 they are a great tire. For $300, not so much.

If I remember right, I bought the Continental Extreme Contact DWs last time. Decent dry traction. Good wet traction and $161 each at Tire Rack.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
+1 on the Continentals. I have a set and they're great tires for the money.

Before I got the Conti's, I had 285 GS-D3's on the rear and they looked fantastic. Only thing is they are loud and affect the rear end feel slightly during cornering. Also with directional tread tires that are a larger size on the rear, you can't rotate them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Curt
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list