• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

03-04 Voltage woes...Ever heard of that, before?

TurboJuice

Regular
Mar 30, 2011
Ever heard of a termi with voltage issues....:rolleyes:

I dont THINK this is the typical issue.

My car pretty much ever since i bought it in the spring has had pulsing dash lights and headlights. The glowing gauges obviously pulse in and out, pretty much all the time.

I never had any other problems until the other night. I was at RSD and had a race set up. I finished my burnout in the water box, then while pulling up to the line, I noticed my Battery light was on. Moments later it was off.

I continued with the race, but when i hit fourth the car started bucking and breaking up pretty badly. I would have said bad plugs, but i immediately guessed voltage was dropping. I do not have any logging information, I am just guessing at this point.

Jump to last night. The car runs well, but the lights pulse pretty bad. I am sure people can tell when looking at my headlights.

Battery voltage car off: 12.4
Battery voltage with all accessories on, car off after 5 minutes: 11.2

Volatge at battery terminals with car on, but cold: 14.5
Voltage at battery terminals with all accessories AND car engine is boiling hot: 14.1

Thoughts?

TurboJuice

Regular
Mar 30, 2011
Oh hell yeah.
Go buy a Motorcraft BXT-850.
You will have to cut the battery tray but it fits in there nicely.

You should also get an upgraded battery cable if you dont already have one.

A link to where I can buy? Or who has them locally? I found info on the 650 only.

What makes you recommend this battery. It seems like a huge battery and a big jump in amperage.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
A link to where I can buy? Or who has them locally? I found info on the 650 only.

What makes you recommend this battery. It seems like a huge battery and a big jump in amperage.

I recommend it because more reserve capacity is never a bad thing! You buy it at the Ford Parts Counter

How much cutting exactly?

You have to trim the sides off the battery tray. Quite easy.
Brand new battery trays are less than 20 bucks if you ever want to switch back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list