• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Slung a belt this morning!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
When does an 03 Cobra ever sling a belt right?

Well, I think I may know why. Not because of alignment problems, so lets rule that out.

Have you ever seen the pulley Bridge FLEX under load?
Well, mine is doing just that. I first noticed it after I put the 2.9 on...revving it up in park.
Under the aux. idler, the pulley bridge actually flexes from the bottom!
Im not sure if it broke, but I dont think it did. :confused:

Im also wondering if it is causing the timing cover to flex. I know the timing cover isnt cracked because it doesnt leak oil.

Next time you are under the hood of your Cobra, would ya mind revving it up and checking yours? Thanks!

To clarify, it snapped when I put the hammer down.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Time to go to the HD brackets from Terry and toss that thing.

If I could figure out how to modify a power steering pump pulley to bolt anothe pulley to, I could use the brackets with the 03 timing cover, and run a belt from the PS pulley to the alternator.

I just spent 500 bucks on the alternator and I guarantee it will never have a voltage problem again...thats why I want to keep it.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
2011-08-15_18-48-10_344.jpg

2011-08-15_18-54-00_984.jpg

....RUBBISH!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info