• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

need advice

zackkbcobra

May 15, 2011
well i am looking for a kb cobra as some of you might know and i found one. a sonic blue kenne bell 2.2 all supporting mods coupe with 17k miles well anyways hes asking 21k obo he wants to get rid of it fast because hes in the millitary and is leaving for a year and just wants it gone. the car has a clean title and carfax. what i was wondering is it possible for a car with that low mileage to have the guage lights burnt out?? also do you just have to replace the bulbs or the whole guage setup?

thanks for your help,
zack

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Two relevant comments in 3 1/2 hours on a Friday night. I'd consider that pretty good.

As Zack mentions, these aren't your daddy's Buick. They are 500, 600, 700+hp monsters. Parts break, sometimes at 100K, sometimes at 15K. If you buy the car, you will have to diagnose and fix. You can also ask the seller to fix the lights as a condition of sale or take the car to a mechanic with the seller's permission and get a diagnosis. Good luck and enjoy.

serb82

TCG Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
What type of gauges are not working on the tripod? I have met lots of people that install the guages and wire up the lights but have no clue on how to install them and just sit in off position. If i remembet correctly the lunar gauges are a pigtail (turn signal) style light bulb, could be a power issue, lazy owner, or trying to hide something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info