• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

alternator or battery 2003 cobra

ron

Regular
Apr 4, 2009
How can I tell if it's my alternator or my battery is bad. I think it's the battery but the guy at auto zone said it's my alternator. If the car sits a week or so the battery is low and the car barely starts. But after I drive it's ok . If the car idles for awhile that's when the battery gets low.The battery is the original thanks Ron :confused: could I put a volt meter on the car when it's running what should the volts be car has 27000 miles

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
How can I tell if it's my alternator or my battery is bad. I think it's the battery but the guy at auto zone said it's my alternator. If the car sits a week or so the battery is low and the car barely starts. But after I drive it's ok . If the car idles for awhile that's when the battery gets low.The battery is the original thanks Ron :confused: could I put a volt meter on the car when it's running what should the volts be car has 27000 miles

http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=303344&postcount=11

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info