• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

procharger on stock bottom

97cobrasvt

USMC
Jun 29, 2009
hey guys im currently deployed and the thing keeping me positive is getting to see my baby when i get home (my cobra)...
well i wanted to purchase a procharger and leave the stock bottom. do u think my bottom end will hold for the haul of 12 months until i go to my next deployment or am i better of just building the block right now and at that at the end... thanks i appreciate it... oh and my goal is to beat my friends goat which is pretty much stock

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
hey guys im currently deployed and the thing keeping me positive is getting to see my baby when i get home (my cobra)...
well i wanted to purchase a procharger and leave the stock bottom. do u think my bottom end will hold for the haul of 12 months until i go to my next deployment or am i better of just building the block right now and at that at the end... thanks i appreciate it... oh and my goal is to beat my friends goat which is pretty much stock

I assume you don't have any existing issues with the engine. Just run the blower on low boost, upgraded fuel system, and a solid tune initially. No need to go big and start spending serious money right away. With that you should easily destroy a near stock goat. :biggthump I would also prefer a Vortech over a Procharger, unless the procharger was a D1 or bigger. Don't like the P1's much.

97cobrasvt

USMC
Jun 29, 2009
yea thats what im afraid thatll ill enjoy ir for two months then have to throw money in it...
i know im jumping all over the place but i just need help.. what about stroking the block and just get high comp pistons leave it all motor do u think ill hit the 400 whp? throw me some recomendations

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
I would put an adder of some type on it. The 4 valves love boost, but you can only go so far with the stock bottom end. If you want to beat him on the cheap spray it.

As long as your motor doesn't have a ton of miles, and you don't put a lot of boost to it I don't think you would have any problem with a blower.

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
i want to do a roots style supercharger but not exactly sure on that yet. you think i can get away with a stock 03 supercharger for a while would this work

The stock 03/04 Eaton won't work on a 97. The head intake port design is completely different. Kenne Bell is about your only shot at roots style. I still think all of their 96-98 blowers are non-intercooled. I would recommend picking up a Vortech, maybe even used.

With a safe tune you should be able to make 400-450 on the stock internals.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
i want to do a roots style supercharger but not exactly sure on that yet. you think i can get away with a stock 03 supercharger for a while would this work

Not more than 2 days ago you were talking about getting a Procharger. Now it has switched to a roots style blower. I think step#1 for you would be to decide what you want first before going any further. Indecisiveness will only lead to headache and more money needlessly spent. Good luck.

97cobrasvt

USMC
Jun 29, 2009
i agree with that im unsure. i would go procharger if i was going with stock internals. but since im building the block I didnt want to spend so much on a new procharger you know right now im just gonna settle on building the block and after that ill start thinking about the supercharger

kweb288

Addict
Mar 18, 2009
build the engine... and add nitrous to the engine you have until you get the other one done. Im young too lol i know how you feel (23) i have been building my car the "right way" you could say for the last 2.5 years, you dont have to tell me about wanting to drive your car/have a fast car lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info