• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Performance Shops in Chi

Rottenweiler9

2010 GT500
Jun 25, 2011
Hello, I am new to this site, and wondering where everyone takes their GT500's. I have had some work done on my car and not real happy about how they handled the last mod (LCA and Brackets) long story but it ended up with me having to get the car towed back to the dealer to have a new Driveshaft put in and was quoted 1,000 for a new set of gears and install and what I am hearing is crazy high. I am looking at adding 4.10's and an upper control arm along with possibly a new driveshaft. Do many people change their driveshaft with stock tires and a pulley change and tune? From what I am being told it was a fluke that my UC Joints gave out on the last one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Rottenweiler9

2010 GT500
Jun 25, 2011
Thanks, I will call them on Monday. Skyhighsd, thanks, I have been told both things that with the tune and pulley I should get one, then when that other shop tried to put on the LCA lower brackets the UC Joints failed and the bearings popped out. I think they really are the ones that screwed it up, but anyways, I took it back to ford who replaced the whole thing so I was very thankful for that. So now I worry about having the driveshaft go through the floor and with the added torque of the 4.10's thought I would need it. Funny thing when I went back to that shop to have the relocation brackets added after they already had issues with the driveshaft they had the balls to tell me that they wanted another hour of pay and that I would assume full responsibility for anything that went wrong. Funny thing is, that I paid to have it towed from their shop to the dealer and Ford fixed the problem, so how did I not assume the responsibility the last time and the real fact is that I lost out on the money for the time to put the brackets on. When I first talked to them, they told me when I order part through them that they take all responsibility if anything goes wrong. Guess not, and now that I am thinking about it, I may have to write a letter. Hahahahha. I get more upset each day. Not to mention they also put on my exhaust and it still rattles, and I kept telling them it does and they say they do not hear it. I should call this shop out.

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
You may want to add a drive shaft saftey loop to your car if you are worried about the ds coming apart on you then. But really I have not heard of to many guys having problems wih that set up. Idk how much you plan to drag race the car but if are going to a lot a ds would be worth the cash. As relocation brackets go, please tell me they welded them in???? If not I would not be taking it to the track anytime soon! They must be welded on!! Just a heads up

Rottenweiler9

2010 GT500
Jun 25, 2011
Funny thing about that, when they told me they wanted me to pay for another hour of work and that if anything went wrong I would be fully responsible. I told them to not even bother putting them on and send them back to BMR. The fact that they where unsure about themselves made me think twice about brining my car back to them or letting them do any work. Just a loop may be the way to go. I do plan to take it to the track every once in a while and hit it on the road every once in a while as well. My one buddy says the same thing you are saying, that the driveshaft should be fine with what I have. So, I am also hoping that what happened was a fluke the last time. The fact that I was not driving the car when it happened makes me really wonder.

10thSVT_03

DRRRT PROSPECT
Feb 28, 2009
Mr Norms Garage in Machesney Park. Tim Barth can also tune the car for you. Tim is a phone call away for any issue or question. I like the realistic turnaround time on work and especially being in the peak part of the year they won't have your car down for weeks. I dropped my Cobra off on a Monday and by Thursday my new engine was in and ready for break in miles and a tune.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Modern Muscle is where I have been taking it. I am not very happy about how they handled the last round of things. I also have a buddy who had issues and warned me that they do not do enough work on Mustangs.

Gotcha. Well I have a good friend that just got hired at MM, he's been there about a month. If I need anything done that he and I can't do ourselves, Hans is my guy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info