• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Got a problem, need your advice

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
My car has developed a stumbling/bogging down issue at low RPM's.
If the car is sitting and I try and rev it a little it starts to choke out.
So I've started with the simple stuff and worked my way up. I got new TR6 plugs, new fuel filter, coil packs, cleaned the mass air meter, cleaned the IAC, basically all sensors.
After all that the problem still remains. The car has a start up tune for my 3.4 I got from Bob before he left. Could it be a problem with that tune?
If any one can shed some light on the issue please let me know. And feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks to all

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
If you can slide the belt over the last pulley when installing, find the next shorter belt and bring it with to the dyno.

My 2.3 at 22psi slipped and Bob taught me that its usually not tight enough unless you unbolt the blower pulley, wrap the belt around it, release the tensioner, then bolt the blower pulley back on. Voila! No more slip.

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
im interested to see what you make for power, kind of wish i went that route vs. turbo... how much boost you planning on running?

Yeah im glad i changed back to a supercharger. Im hoping to push 24lbs-26lbs if my fuel system allows it. Not having a return system and running E85 like I want is really holding me back. Ill save that for next summer.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Yeah im glad i changed back to a supercharger. Im hoping to push 24lbs-26lbs if my fuel system allows it. Not having a return system and running E85 like I want is really holding me back. Ill save that for next summer.

You are throwing your money out the window.
Cancel the dyno, put the right fuel system on it.

Do it right....the FIRST TIME!

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
You are throwing your money out the window.
Cancel the dyno, put the right fuel system on it.

Do it right....the FIRST TIME!

I really could care less right now about that. I plan on doing that over the winter. I have not driven my car in over a year, i just want to drive it right now. If i can make about 650hp on 93 i will be happy for this summer.

Thanks for the input.

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
were you turbo before? its not so bad, just all the god damn growing pains... should be a sick set up when youre done :headbang:

Yeah about a year and a half ago. Ran a single 78mm Precision Turbo.
I think it put down about 693hp on 16lbs or 18lbs. I don't recall the torq #.
I did not like having no torq on the low end. Kicked in at 3,000-3,500rpm with a 86 hotside.

Thanks for the kind words.

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Do you know how to test these?

Im not really sure if there is or not. I noticed it start to fall on its face and stumble. Pulled over and it idled like crap. On a whim I swapped that out in some parking lot of a titty club in Rockford and she was good to go. (no I wasnt at the titty club) I was always smart and carried a spare one with me. I think I got one from someone on here for like $50 and kept it in the glove box. It kept me from getting stranded in Rockford. Well just in the time it took for the car to cool down.
You can probably get a good deal on one from Tousley Ford in Minnesota. SVTPerformance vendor. Make sure you carry the correct tool or it. Odd some are small hex head bolt to get off and some allen wrench.

zimmer0924

Master Debater
Jul 2, 2008
Im not really sure if there is or not. I noticed it start to fall on its face and stumble. Pulled over and it idled like crap. On a whim I swapped that out in some parking lot of a titty club in Rockford and she was good to go. (no I wasnt at the titty club) I was always smart and carried a spare one with me. I think I got one from someone on here for like $50 and kept it in the glove box. It kept me from getting stranded in Rockford. Well just in the time it took for the car to cool down.
You can probably get a good deal on one from Tousley Ford in Minnesota. SVTPerformance vendor. Make sure you carry the correct tool or it. Odd some are small hex head bolt to get off and some allen wrench.

Thanks for the help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info