• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cam Cap Bolts

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Im pulling out my cap tower caps and cutting them down. Cutting all of the excess off thats coming close to the lobes.
Ive got the bolts saved on cardboard to go back into the same holes.
Ive got someone telling me that they are TTY. I call Ford to check on that and he tells me no they are not.
I look in the service manual and it even tells you to save all of the bolts matched to each hole or engine damage may occur.
WTF
Anyone comment on this.
The guy says you will get cam walk if you dont use new ones. Also say they will shear at 8ft lbs. Ford shows 89 in lbs which is close to around 7#
Clean them up good and clean out the holes and use some medium strength locker on them and reuse??

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Man I keep hearing some mixed shit on these things. They look really good.
I narfed up a couple of lifters popping the rockers off (screwdriver went down to far) and Ive got to order those so Ill just grab 6 new bolts while Im on with him.
Do you use any locker on those bolts?

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Man I keep hearing some mixed shit on these things. They look really good.
I narfed up a couple of lifters popping the rockers off (screwdriver went down to far) and Ive got to order those so Ill just grab 6 new bolts while Im on with him.
Do you use any locker on those bolts?

No thread locker. Only on my Cam gear bolts/cam tensioner bolts

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list