• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Center Console Removal

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I spent over an hour yesterday removing this damn thing. WTF were they thinking?

Problem is, I have to re-install, remove etc etc to mount my shifter for the Auto.
I did a little research and found that its easy if the E-Brake can be pulled all the way up...... which means I have to remove the cables at the caliper?

Jeez if I have to take the wheels off on my drive-on lift Im gonna be furious.

Anything on this car is an absolute bitch to work on. :mad:

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I spent over an hour yesterday removing this damn thing. WTF were they thinking?

Problem is, I have to re-install, remove etc etc to mount my shifter for the Auto.
I did a little research and found that its easy if the E-Brake can be pulled all the way up...... which means I have to remove the cables at the caliper?

Leave it alone!

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005

What?!? I never had to disconnect the cables from the calipers when I dynomatted my car. What are you having a problem with exactly?
If my memory serves me correct all you do is unscrew the little philips screws in the center console area, take off the shifter boot undo the 2 7mm screws, pull up the e brake as far up as it will go and finesse the leather/pleather whatever ebrake cover off. and the console comes up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info