• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Valve Spring compressor

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Anyone have an OTC Valve Spring Compressor I could borrow for about 1-2 weeks? I cant find one anywhere no way no how.
If your close I can come and get it or if not I will pay the shipping and you can be assured you will get it back. :quote:

I dont want to have to buy one if I dont need to. I mean to use it once. I dont think this will work on a pushrod motor and thats my next project.

Le me know
Jeff
608-436-9620

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
I made one.
Took off from work early today and got started on it. Got it finished about 30 minutes ago. Its crude but it sure as shit works.
I just dont know about the cam girdle issue and how much air to push in to the cylinder.
I even got lock nuts on the fulcrum so I can lock the spring down into place and have both hands free to get the keepers in.
Its also adjustable so it can be used anywhere on the towers for any of them. I doubt it will work on the exhausts though.
My weld job is crude and poor but I got some penetration. Farkin 110 welders suck. I used my friends lincoln 380 on the plow mounts I made. Good welds all the way. This thing wont lay down a good bead for shit. Well I got it to bite some and its holding. Hopefully tomorrow evening I can get this spring changed out.

Would you believe my fulcrum is the front portion of a hack saw? The whole thing locks down to the cam tower.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info