• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Trans cooler install for TH400

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Another bunch of hours of my life gone to the.cobra. :rolleyes:

Seems everyone with a TH400 installs their cooler behind the drivers fog light...a lot of distance, hose involved for.that.

Soooo, I got lucky and it is a perfect fit here:
2011-05-28_15-57-59_46.jpg

Made this rude, crude but.highly effective bracket. There is about 3/8" clearance from the swaybar:
2011-05-28_15-58-14_530.jpg

Look how tucked away it is:

2011-05-28_17-35-18_672.jpg

The best thing? It has a fan on it above the cooler you can't even see in the pics.
Made the crossmember today too...too hillbillic to post. :D

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
I must have left out the fact all other th400 converts install theirs behind the drivers foglight where there is zero airflow.
and I left out the fact there is a fan on this cooler.

Sorry guys...oh wait..... :rolleyes:

There is other places you can put it at where you'd get a decent amount of airflow:rolleyes:

The fan helps for sure but if you put it by the grill opening you might not even need the fan

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Aug 1, 2007
Placement is fine, dont let them tell you different, and the k is lower than it so i see no issues with hitting it except with maybe somethin youd run over

Only problem i do see is when you pop the hood and you see it from the top, may look a lil cheesy, but than again theres so much shit in front of the timing cover you may not see it at all

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info